Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

That’s the majority of people. Just recently a narrative started to dismiss fp games, and we don’t know why that happened exactly :giphy:

11 Likes

Yup. They talked about it having First Person movement similar to Mirrors Edge.

I have an idea why…

2 Likes

I’m sure there will be plenty of third person games this generation. Microsoft has 50+ rumored projects in development so I doubt all of them are going to be in first person. Also people are forgetting that Hellblade 2 is third person and is probably going to be one of the biggest games this generation.

There is. Some years might be more first person games and others vice versa. It’s mostly perspective because people saw most of the fp games announced close to each other. And the other is that some people just won’t “count” a game as third person if it’s not a specific genre.

1 Like

Xbox 1st Person Bad, Sony 3rd Person Good….

9 Likes

Wink wink…

To be fair, as someone who’s used the myriad of touchscreen/hub interfaces, the Surface Hub devices are considerably better in my professional experience. Surfaces, depending on whether you’re talking about the Laptop, Book, the variants of the tablet, can be a mixed bag but honestly are the closest thing to Mac-level synergy on a Windows device.

9 Likes

Yeah, FC6, about that…

Does this third person hub areas come at a certain point in the game? Because so far it’s all in first person in the hub area with Juan and Clara I think is her name. Tried to check if it was an option but nope.

I also assume they’d be much more directly integrated with the Xbox development/cloud and team communication and sharing environment.

1 Like

When you get to the main map. You can run around the HUB area in third person.

Not exactly XGS but close enough.

5 Likes

Ooooh, got ya. This is still the prologue? Wow.

Yeah, you’re still in the prologue which is the small isolated island that you’re currently at.

1 Like

I hope every single game is 1st person just to spite people who want 3rd person :crazy_face: enjoy AoE 4 on Xbox in 1st person only

5 Likes

As for Crystal Dynamics…

I get where you’re coming from but that isn’t necessarily indication it will be third person. I mean take MachineGames for example, solely known for first person but many of us do automatically assume Indy will be third person. :wink:

I am 100% sure everyone thinks the exact same, but for some a camera perspective adds something extra. For example I wouldn’t want GTA solely in first person or Dark Souls, or Tomb Raider. Because I really like to see my character in these type of games, the outfits you can find/buy, the realistic animations in several of these games.

Those are all reasons I often switch to third person in The Elder Scrolls and Fallout when roaming the landscape and when baddies aren’t nearby.

Basically you…

:wink:

1 Like

True but Gallagher and CD have a much longer history than Machine Games. Also, Microsoft doesn’t own the Indiana Jones IP where as they do own Joanna Dark and if you want to resurrect her, doing Perfect Dark in third person will make that much easier to accomplish because you can get invested into the character more.

But we’ll see.

Gears will now be a 1st person franchise, actually thinking about it for real that would be kinda cool not gonna lie haha

Indeed. All i care about when it comes to first person is that it is done well so that I don’t get motion sickness. With AAA that is very rarely a problem, and when it is it usually gets fixed asap. I just spent 150 hours first person melee-ing and parkouring my way through hordes of zombies in Dying Light 2 and it was freaking awesome.

It’s a lot more than just a camera perspective though to be fair, it changes the way you experience and play the game a lot. DL2 would not have been good at all in third person and lose its soul, equally Gears of War would suck in first person, and become a different game.

I like them both, and want them in equal measure from Xbox.

1 Like

It was decent in Skyrim, Good in FO4, better than in 4 in FO76 IMO, so it should be improved even further than before.