Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

I know, but this is the first time we’ve seen new in-engine footage since that E3 trailer.

The concept art is just next level

hook it to my veins

And it looks really great. Lighting wise I love it.

To be fair, From Software has made more than a few Xbox exclusives in the past, im not sure why them making one now is portrayed as such an impossibility now.

Also Murakumo , Metalwolf Chaos, and Chromehounds (via Sega)

2 Likes

Them making an exclusive is less likely than ever though, 12m in 3 weeks means going forward Sony/MS will have to pay out a crazy fee to get them to skip the other platform

If they’re funding a game from scratch i don’t see the issue. Im not talking about moneyhats here.

True, although with the close relationship they seem to have with Bamco I still think it’s less likely

The success of ER will make Bamco want to give them whatever they want as well as being able to release on more platforms

Not impossible but just less likely

The only “issue” I see with Sony doing another From game is that Japan Studio is gone. Both Souls games From did for Sony were with Japan Studio cooperating. Japan Studio closed and now most of the people on the Sony side involved with those projects are gone (including Bloodborne’s producer).

1 Like

Starfield will push the boundaries of the WRPG genre.

Bet on it.

I want it, i need it ,i must have it!!

https://twitter.com/souls_ninja/status/1504101365076963328?s=20&t=uL3QU9b3gcwXr88SzuigOQ

8 Likes

I’m curious, is the word Starfield being in this thread’s title confusing some in to thinking this is the other thread?

Not that there is anything wrong with posting about here, but there it seems like half the conversation is happening there and half of it is here. And I feel like there would be more engagement going on between you guys if it was in th esame place, which would make it more enjooyable

I’ve not seen StarCraft in this thread tbh

2 Likes

Wrong IP.

I know, Xbox has too many IPs to keep track of. What a wonderful world!

1 Like

Funny thing, I do think we would like to keep all the Starfield talk in the OT for it which is

Starfield |OT| You’re Finally Awake… In Space! - Gaming - XboxEra

There! Maybe I’ll come up with a new thread title so it’s less confusing.

4 Likes

Haha, fuck me. What a self-own

I edited it

7 Likes

I didn’t think my hype for this game could get higher than it does right now, but it did.

The reply was in response to another poster who mocked me hence the wording.

So VGC says that Certain Affinity worked on Perfect Dark and that Crystal Dynamics is essentially leading the project. And that The Initiative is trying a new approach. They created a role for “Franchise Director” and are looking for a “Franchise Art Director”. Maybe The Initiative is pivoting to a World’s Edge approach.

6 Likes

Maybe. Too early to say really since they are also hiring regular devs too.