Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

This is the type of stuff I like to see from Xbox studios. Mini events type stuff to showcase some upcoming projects or updates. Even though not every games might interst people, I think it still counts as doing something aside from E3.

1 Like
2 Likes

Leaving room at 7PM for Halo Infinite

Seems TC next project could be a Markus Fenix collection.

inb4 posters who’ve made it clear that they dont’ care sea ot thieves 100 times to rear their heads again and grace us with their opinions for the 101st time

Don’t say that

Is this a Winter Showcase?

Maybe, or they could be farming it to an outside dev like they did with Masterchief Collection.

I thought a Gears collection would be a waste, but if they build the MP with all the maps and games in rotation just like the MCC, that could be the ultimate gears experience.

Gears 5 is great, but that’s mostly Gears 4 maps, some remakes and a few new maps. It may be better to give us all the old maps and games at this point. The best maps have already been made in Gears 1, 2 and 3 imo.

3 Likes

Love Gears! Also, people working at The Coalition are there because they love Gears too. Let them do what they want. Xbox has so many studios now, what does it matter.

7 Likes

It could also be some fun playlists like in the MCC, lots of achievements and other good stuff. Why not celebrate one of the most iconic Xbox franchises?

1 Like

Cant wait to play all 9 versions of Gridlock

1 Like

this list is insane even without Ativ/B :smiley:

13 Likes

Believe me, I love Gears too. Nothing that I want goes against my love for Gears, and it’s out of love for the series, wanting better for it, the studio, and Xbox. I just don’t think “better” can be achieved with them working on a remaster/make collection, or even a Gears 6 that is “good” but just another Gears that still plays fundamentally the same it did in 2006.

And it matters because we see the potential there, from the studio especially, for bigger things, to be celebrated and praised in the industry, like Gears once was itself.

2 Likes

Agree. Can’t wait to see what they bring to the next instalment :slight_smile:

Also didn’t Jez say… “The Coalition’s next project is a brand new, smaller IP, which will release ahead of Gears of War 6 in 2023. There are so far no other details on this project, aside from the fact that it’s different from [The Matrix Awakens]tech demo, which The Coalition collaborated on alongside Epic Games.”

6 Likes

Two Gears games?

Damn son! The coalition must have one big budget!

A Gears collection is also a “relatively stress free” project, while you’re trying to get your ideas and technologies ready for your next big game.

4 Likes

I dont think any Xbox studio should be wasting their time on these projects and these would be better be handled outside if anything with supervision from the main studio.

Thats my only issue. Other than that - more people playing good Gears games :+1:

Also playing Gears 3 atm :joy: looks and plays great still.

3 Likes

Exactly what 343 did TMCC, although there was stress involved lol

1 Like