Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

I don’t know. In the list I put earlier, The Initiative is still one of the smallest studios from Microsoft (even if I think several people working at The Initiative put Microsoft instead on Linkedin).

They have Crystal Dynamics helping (and apparently Certain Affinity too) but late 2023 or 2024 seems more likely to me. Also depends if it’s single-player only.

1 Like

I don’t have any clue which game it’s going to be, but one AAA first party game is going to release 6 months before everyone expects it to and that will be glorious.

If Certain Affinity is working on it i doubt it’s SP only.

I personally wouldn’t mind an offroad racing game or atv vs mx type of game.

very fresh, it’s not even verified (yet) :oh_wow_think:

Yeah, why not? I would love something similar to a Burnout game.

Obviously, A Mario Kart-like game is definitely preferable to reach a wider audience.

1 Like

Wouldnt suprise me. They are the Gears studio

Now this, this is what gets the blood flowing.

Goddamn, we are about to witness a wealth of diversity and quality exclusives unlike ever before seen from Xbox.

What a time.

5 Likes

LMAO! I always imagined Halo as Cap in the end! And then Gears being Thor and Forza Iron man lol.

3 Likes

Credits

10 Likes

Xbox should make a exclusive game of this game to hit home they have monopoly. Monopoly

I was curious about what a possible release date could be for TES VI. So I took Skyrim and Fallout 4. Wiki says this:

Meanwhile, development on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim had Bethesda’s full attention, and after that game released in 2011, the studio continued to regularly support it until 2013 with updates and DLC. After that content was finished, Fallout 4 entered full production from mid-2013 to mid-2015.

Taking into account that there will very likely be expansions for Starfield too, 2025 is a possibility depending on how many expansions they make. I think 2026 is more likely. It all remains to be seen but I definitely think Todd wants to make it for this generation of Xbox. It was announced for it, but that doesn’t exclude a possible next gen version necessarily.

1 Like

If perfect dark is releasing this year I’d be ecstatic. Give me that 8 hour spy fps goodness, I wanna do stealthy runs and guns blazing. I just want every level to be fun tbh, doesn’t matter how short or long the game is if it’s on game pass.

1 Like

I’d much rather have Fable, can’t see why they would bother given Gears 1 had that treatment already. Then again a collection for multiplayer games might make more sense given they probably don’t need to get people into the original Fable stories with a full reboot coming.

1 Like
8 Likes

There’s your early 2022 event who were asking for MS to have more events :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Overhauling the combat system to actually be halfway decent I hope

2 Likes

nice!!

• 6PM GMT Sea of Thieves 2022 preview event
  • 8PM GMT Elder Scrolls Online chapter reveal event

A pretty good day for Xbox.

6 Likes