Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

Yep, that vocal minority, as is always the case, is obnoxious enough to skew the perspective of the game on certain sites, but the game was actually really well received.

There are a whole lot of us. A whole lot.

1 Like

A lot of games during the PS4/Xbox One gen I didnt complete but I did come close esp on the PS4 since freaking Sony cloud saving is sucky. Not console war but MS/Xbox seems to know that saved data is extremely important… Dont get me wrong I completed a lot of PS4 games but there were a lot I also didnt(i.e Horizon).

I find that so strange. I can count the games I’ve started and not finished on one hand, and I’ve played a lot of games.

I think people tend to forget that Xbox Game Pass is the fastest growing gaming subscription service out there by miles. What we know is that Game Pass has somewhere around 30 million subscriptions, PlayStation Plus meanwhile has around 47 million, but its also been around for a lot longer and it cost like half the price.

Game Pass should realistically have a goal set to be somewhere around 100 million subscriptions by the end of the generation (8-10 years). They will hit these numbers by releasing more exclusive titles, giving PC and Xbox gamers a world class bug free experience, and acquiring the first party studios/IPs that people want. Along with the natural growth rate that gaming has been doing, I personally believe they will at least get to 60-70 million subscriptions sometime in the future.

It’s about making sure that all users feel satisfied, that is why I think they need to continue to invest in a diverse group of first party studios and allow the devs to their ideas flow free. Double Fine was a great purchase because they’ll add to the quirkiness, Bethesda Softworks was a masterclass purchase to get the hardcore gamers in, Playground brings in the general audiences with Forza Horizon and Fable, Obsidian/InXile the RPG, and Ninja theory brings in the prestige.

Seems like they are already hitting most of the corners that a subscription service needs. Let’s see how this generation turns out.

1 Like

Really depends on the gamer, if gaming is just a casual thing for them, they’ll just gravitate to whatever they’re having fun with at the moment.

I think that every time I run out of ammunition in Fallout 4

1 Like

Still sounds alien to me. :wink:

Think it more so has to do with ppl not having enough time.

1 Like

I try a lot of games so I definitely end up not finishing a lot of games. I am not really selective in the games I start but if I’m not having fun, I am selective in what I finish. That being said, I finish all the games I am having fun with. I usually finish a couple dozen games per year.

1 Like

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/russell-shaw-28194465

Russell Shaw is still active. Let’s hope he’s the composer for the new Fable as well.

2 Likes

Halo 4 - Green and Blue

Looking at FO76’s next season board, I can’t help thinking that someone should make something with Vault-Boy specifically and develop a AA Fallout spin-off adventure game with this visual art style and Vault-Boy/Girl and Dogmeat as the protagonists.

Something reminiscent of Nintendo games with a more kid-friendly / E-rated / casual approach while keeping the Fallout touch and humour.

1 Like

That would be a very bad idea.

Art style is one thing

But changing the fighting style would be an absolutely terrible idea

1 Like

Like an action platformer? A Vault Boy platforming into the wasteland would be kinda cool.

Yes, adventure, platformer or even something like Paper Mario, whatever.

I just hope for kick ass soundtrack for next KI. I remember thinking of playing the game standing as I listen the background. The best part is how it follows along the gameplay. This formula must stay if not evolve in the next one. It’s a must or bust.

1 Like
1 Like

It would be hugely negative for Xbox, I hope it’s not true.