Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

It depends. The unannounced titles could be release as Exclusives.

8 Likes

It just came to my mind that based on the situation now, XboxE3 this year would probably have Strafield gameplay, Stalker 2 gameplay, Forza motosport gameplay, Redfall trailer, Halo new content trailer, Forza horizon5 dlc trailer, Aoe4 console port trailer, Deathloop Xbox port trailer, As dusk falls trailer right on the board. Honestly I don’t expect too many new stuff like other people did. I guess the Pentiment CG teaser with something bigger to close the show would already surpass my expectations.

On one hand, they have a lot of subscribers on xbox one so I kinda expected them to keep having consoles put out for them at least until 2022

On the other, with a very cheap Series S available and more and more support for xCloud, it makes a lot of sense to have moved on

Also increases the chances Forza is next gen only

Redfall certainly will have gameplay. Avowed gameplay has to be shown as well. I could see unveiling of Compulsion, Pentiment, Wu Tang games with trailers.

Fable and Perfect Dark gameplay has to be around the corner as well. Could see one of them shown at the game awards

I absolutely hope they will show more. I just set expectations low enough not to be disappointed.:joy:

I think God of War will follow the exact same path as every other Sony game this gen. 8 month delay from when they thought they’d release it. My prediction is March 23 release

It’s time to see something real outside CGI trailers for some of the expected 2023 releases. Most of them were announced between 2019/2020 and literally nothing is known. Like they did last year, I expect a strong focus for end 2022 and 2023 overall.

2 Likes

I’m bored. I can’t sleep. Here are my revised predictions for Xbox’s E3 (assuming they save a lot of stuff for it i.e. no Spring show).

• Two separate shows, Xbox and Bethesda, unified on the same date with consistency in branding, reiteration that Xbox = Bethesda, smooth transitions and a short, 30 minute intermission.

• Xbox show is an hour and a half. It’s a mix of first and third party. Gameplay for Contraband, Perfect Dark, Avowed (please) and maybe an in-engine tease of Fable. Date reveal/gameplay for Forza Motorsport, Pentiment, Age 4 Console, Age of Mythology Remastered and Belfry. Gameplay for STALKER 2. Cinematic Teases for Cobalt, Midnight and Coalition game. Updates to existing GAAS. Third parties and Game Pass deals.

• Bethesda (1 hour): Starfield blowout, Redfall blowout, ESO and FO76 updates, reveal of ZOS or Roundhouse’s next game.

9 Likes

I like it.

1 Like

Hellblade 2

I agree, Avowed has to. Especially after what was said last year them being ahead of schedule, ready to be shown at E3, only for it to be a total no show, then what Obsidian said…nothing. Jez having seen it too. I’d say there is zero reason not to show it off. Starfield will get the spotlight but that’s no reason to leave other RPGs away.

This.

Last year was full of them and it was understandable with COVID having hit in 2020, but then we had Jeff Grubb saying 2022 E3 is where we’re gonna start seeing all that’s been in development, well not every single game but surely quite a nice few.

2 Likes

These new rumours sound a lot like lots of people on Facebook are saying…

3 Likes

?

Basically dont listen to them, lol.

3 Likes

What were the rumored

Sounds pretty plausible. I wonder if we get Age 4 and Mythology in an Age-specific event?

1 Like

Remember how some people on RE especially said we shouldn’t expect big AAA games on Game Pass? That it was not sustainable? Making it sound like big budget games could not be on it, or games that have been in development for a long time?

Well, one thing is for sure now, Xbox is giving these studios the time they need. There were people saying that in the past this wasn’t the case with Xbox, but when we look at all these upcoming games it’s certainly clear that they have been ging enough time. Which should result in polished, top quality games.

2 Likes

The “sustainable” argument has always been bullcrap, MS also has to give all the time they need to prove the quality of the line-up to skeptics.

1 Like

I wish more of the media was interested in interviewing Josh Sawyer and Brian Fargo. Both of them seem extremely passionate and genuine when it comes to roleplaying games. They should get on more podcast.

2 Likes