Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Killer News Here!?

I’m hoping that some of the Forerunner audio logs will help shed light on the trademarked The Endless which is rumored to be a new enemy faction

I mean, I literally just posted an article that shows that Gears 5 was a record-breaking game for Xbox. The whole “that was only at launch” comment is super weird – why would the game only be successful in its fist 3 days and then suddenly stop from one day to the other? That logic makes no sense. Everything points to Gears 5 being a success – critically as well – and you just say otherwise without any kind of evidence. It’s you who should brought some receipts in here, not the other way around :slight_smile:

Gears 5 got massive post-launch support, the game ranked at the very least in the Top 50 Most Played Games on Xbox for 2 years straight – for the longest time around the 20th mark, in some Latin America countries much higher, of course. Gears 5 was a showcase title with its update even for the next-generation. Xbox wouldn’t have invested so much in this game for such a long time if the players wouldn’t be there. And still are.

Gears 5 is at Season 8. No “unsuccessful game” will receive that much investment, quite simple as that.

I’m just giving you my opinion. It’s perfectly fine to disagree. To me, Gears is a fundamental pillar of Xbox and I don’t want this to change. This doesn’t mean The Coalition shouldn’t innovate with Gears or maybe even with other projects, nowhere did I suggest that. But to me, both the Gears IP and the community are way, way too valuable to be ignored.

16 Likes

I think The Coalition should move on from Gears because they’re talented and should expand beyond the series, but also don’t deny that Gears is still pretty popular and shouldn’t be completely abandoned. Gears is a huge part of the Xbox scene in Mexico for example.

3 Likes

SHUT UP ABOUT GEARS OF WAR.

SHUT UP ABOUT GEARS OF WAR.

2 Likes

I got banished to kill Prog

1 Like

No more Gears whining please

There’s a thread for that

8 Likes

I think there is a middle ground that we can agree that Starfield is gonna be bonkers.

1 Like

I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE.

2 Likes
2 Likes

@Proven flag my posts and eliminate them. Pls.

really people?

There is a dedicated thread for Gears discussions

yeah and nobody uses it because the discussion is here

Yes and no one wants another thread derail so the discussion is being moved over there

1 Like

So, Halo is good ja?

Halo is so freaking fun, 343i did it yall

2 Likes

We got 10 years of updates coming to an amazing base game, doesn’t get better than that

2 Likes

343 gonna do Destiny but better …