Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Killer News Here!?

LAUNCH ≠ LEGS and Ill just point to @Vivir post from now on

Promise I didnt start it this time :laughing:

2 Likes

Do we know if inXile is working on more than one game?

Its rumored to be working on 2 games. Go to the projects thread.

1 Like

so cool

3 Likes

Sound is such an underrated aspect in games. Cant wait for the final full range in Hellblade cause its gonna be insane.

3 Likes

Thanks, didn’t know about the projects thread!

I knew about the “current events” game, but I don’t know why I thought it’s same steampunk game.

I assume Project Cobalt is the one that Microsoft was interested in before the acquisition.

I believe the project Microsoft was interested pre acquisition was Avowed from Obsidian chief.

Maybe. But Fargo definitely mentioned that Microsoft was very interested in a game that they were working on.

watched the trailer a dozen times, but with some headphones on it hits even more impactful, so good.

Oh I have a dolby atmos setup and you can pin point most sounds in the main soundbar being placed in the correct spots but I want the full 3D experience :laughing: like Senua talking in that cave should sound insane in my set up and such.

1 Like

I believe the specific reference is to Brian Fargo from an interview in 2018.

He was probably talking about Project Cobalt.

2 Likes

Bet! I know they said xbox acquired Obsidian cause they were super interested in what would become Avowed.

Hellblade II is on a completely different level. But it’s also a very different game, so I don’t think it makes too much sense too compare these two.

5 Likes

Well hope I can do some actual Halo progress today and not spend my day collecting cores and armory items lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the second game is just in early pre production. Will be the project folks move to once Cobalt is released.

Same here - The moment the game dropped me in Zeta Halo, exploration mode took over and my plan of sticking strictly on the golden path went out the window :grimacing:

4 Likes

Somebody said on OtherERA that the Design Director left the Initiative after 3 years?

Can somebody confirm?

That is the guy who went back to Insomniac isn’t it?

2 Likes

Was it?

OtherERA seems to make it think it was recent.