Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Killer News Here!?

Klobrille does such great artwork, always like what he produces.

17 Likes

ellen burstyn laughing GIF

I’m definitely holding out hope that all the details Sponger gave us last year about Avowed, make it into the game. He gave real in depth details about features but the majority of those Jez didn’t touch on. So I definitely wonder what source Sponger got.

If we compare the article by Jez and details by Sponger it seems like the world reactivity and/or interactivity is what Jez has seen, like swimming and clearing rubble blocking pathways with magic. And Sponger talked about that too, but called it different.

I don’t want to discredit him at all, but so far it has been rumors about Avowed and inXile from him, right? And based on what Jez said about inXile Sponger seems on point there. But we haven’t gotten anything truly official just yet.

1 Like

Not exactly first party related but interesting nonetheless.

2 Likes

Anyone followed what Sponger said about Halo? I was under the impression he has only talked about Avowed and inXile but apparently he’s said a lot about Halo too but it was all wrong. The tweet in question…

IIRC he said they were considering dropping the Xbox One version of Infinite and just focusing on next gen

1 Like

How does this destroy his credibility ? :phil_lmao: That guy smoking some good shit .

3 Likes

I think Klobrille already said that sponger’s info is probably legit.

1 Like

Especially now that as per Jez and Klobrille the Avowed info is on point.

Which is fucking dope.

Sponger mentioned many details that Klobrille and Jez kinda described. Much denser world, big focus on environmental interactivity, physics and spells…

1 Like

I was the one that picked the name (was feeling cocky after picking the Acquisition thread name yesterday) and I only did it because the OT6 thread name also implied studio/organization growth (“but wait, there’s MORE…studios”) and we know more acquisitions will come.

If you have any suggestions, by all means!

1 Like

Well it is OT 7 so it fits lol.

4 months now since “any day”. :wink:

I wonder how Playground plans to evolve Horizon going forward with FH6 and beyond, can we ever see them adding bikes for example? or maybe even boats?

It would definitely be a way of making the series feel fresh in the future and not just “its FH but prettier in a new location” vibes

Now that they have so many studios, I think they will likely stick to the 3 year cycle this one had, less reason to pump them out every 2 years like before which will alow them to be more ambitious

1 Like

I definitely think, at least on some level, this is first-party related, see the following:

https://undeadlabs.com/2019/12/news/announcement-from-undead-labs/

This has been in the works for some time (good reminder for those “just make a new studio folks”). Strain will continue to head Undead Labs, unless somethings changed, and this was backed by Xbox so…

11 Likes

Might be risky adding bikes and other vehicles, but I think they should experiment it with one of their expansions. I know playground usual method is to test out new features in their DLC. I do remember in project gotham adding bikes didn’t go that well among it’s fanbase

For FH6 I’d like them to leverage the power of next-gen into a more vertical world.

Take Japan and make it more about city racing with half of the map being a giant Tokyo, multileveled roads, tunnels and stuff like that.

images (36)

Also night time racing should be a focus, with neon lights under your car and everywhere on the city.

4 Likes

I think you are correct. No reason to rush them out anymore, so I would expect a longer gap between games. The “new location” goes a long way though (Japan!) but I also think they can add different vehicles to spice things up.

1 Like

Interesting

I kept seeing that he had left Undead Labs but that doesn’t seem to be the case

Doing a dlc/expansion as a test for 6 would be a great idea, lets them start smaller and see if they can actually do it and make it work well

Japan has to happen as some point

Im ready to drift

1 Like

Wait, so is this a new XGS studio??