Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Not it is not. This is what Spencer said, a port of an old game, a “legacy” title, the same as Doom Eternal. They didn’t lie to anyone, just people not listening to Phil at all. This is simply an overreaction on people of a game that Grubb is even saying might be shadow-dropped today, so potentially just a digital game.

1 Like

It mudies the messaging some but there won’t be any negative consequences of this move. Except perhaps making this forum unbearable for a couple days.

1 Like

The messaging is literally following what Phil said, it only mudies for those not listening.

4 Likes

It gives hope to the hopeless lol

5 Likes

I don’t care about them, no matter what you say, they would never believe either way.

3 Likes

i hope Youtubers make a lot of videos about this. Quake is for the whole family and just deserves the most attention possible :+1:

1 Like

Nothing like family friendly fun like blood and gore… Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

3 Likes

absolutely correct

This message is directly from 1996 to some posters here :smiley:

9 Likes

lmao, they should revive that ad for the marketing campaign.

1 Like

yeah, this would be perfect. Quake had one of the best marketing campaigns ever

https://www.quaddicted.com/quake/advertisement

2 Likes

well with some people being upset this quake remaster mite be comming to playstation I think I understand that. It does muddy the messaging xbox has been doing a bit and I always go back to if this was sony the remaster would also not be comming to xbox and it would be celebrated.

Yep, it’s obvious that this is what Phil meant. This one definitely one of those things that got agreed upon before the acquisition was finalized.

A brand new Quake however…

1 Like

This created unnecessary confusion and will only create more when the next Quake is exclusive lol.

2 Likes

You mean Phil saying that? The problem is, he wasn’t gonna specifically mention certain games there that hadn’t even been announced yet.

I do believe at some point this will stop. So let’s say they plan a remaster of Wolfenstein TNO and TNC a few years from now…that will be Game Pass and PC only.

1 Like

No I didn’t mean Phil’s comment, just the Quake release. Yeah it doesn’t have legacy on consoles but it is a legacy title. Creates confusion from a certain vocal group and gaming media who make articles in bad faith. It’s just slightly annoying more than anything.

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s so frustrating to see the usual bad actors start throwing up red string on a board, yelling “SEE I TOLD YOU”. I don’t know why people don’t understand what the word means in the sense of this industry, Phil wasn’t being disingenuous and, if anything, Starfield shows that new titles will be exclusive; from a business standpoint, it absolutely makes sense to drum up excitement by releasing the remaster on multiple platforms and entice users to the Xbox ecosystem with the new one being exclusive.

8 Likes

For all we know MS cancelled the PS4/5 versions of Starfield and Redfall, so they were being “the bad guys” behind the scenes, I guess some people want it to be in the open for others to see. I would be shocked if there wasn’t a PS version of both of those games that did get canned because it’s brand new IP and why would you start that on another platform then rip it away after the first game.

I wonder to what degree is the IP being remastered if they’re able to run it on switch… lol

2 Likes

I can see why some might think so but now that consoles and PC development is so similar, especially in regards to Xbox and PC (being capable of using a standardized API across both), platform-specific dev typically isn’t done until much later in the project. It’s possible that there were some early PS5 builds of those titles, but I would wager they were done with such little optimization that any sunk-cost fallacies need not apply.

1 Like

Its probably a simple re-release with RTX on the newer consoles and some nicer looking graphics.

1 Like