Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Yup.

They made it very clear that Starfield and Redfall are exclusive. I don’t remember Phil’s exact words during the roundtable anymore but i believe he said that there could be some games in the future (maybe Indiana I wonder?) That had some contracts or something and those would come to other platforms too.

TESO

Fallout 76

Quake remaster thingy

Indiana Jones (maybe, because Disney…)

But I can’t see much else still coming to other platforms. Let’s say Wolf 3 is a few years from now, absolutely exclusive.

Indiana Jones is debatable if Disney and Marvel let sony and Nintendo have exclusives why can’t Microsoft have Indiana Jones as exclusive?

3 Likes

Yup the Indiana Jones one is still up in the air, but I don’t wanna see the meltdowns if it turns out to be multiplat.

Focus Home Interactive owns a few studios, most notably Deck 13, the team behind The Surge series.

1 Like

Agreed! But Sony is the market leader, but I’m not sure if that’s a good enough reason.

I hope it’s exclusive honestly, because any sequels will be too then and this only bolsters the lineup and appeal of Game Pass even more.

Nintendo isn’t but they got a marvel exclusive so that argument goes out the fucking window

2 Likes

Yeah that’s true. But their games do sell gang busters, just look at how many picked up the millionth remaster of a Zelda game again, for example. Maybe this could have been a reason?

I agree with you though, there really is no reason that MS can’t get an exclusive out of them.

Yep there’s no dumbass reason I think it is exclusive since sony or Nintendo never tweeted about the game only Microsoft and bethseda did

That date :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, very true!

on GP today :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Shit, my Xbox is away for repair/replacement and Quake drops… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

With Quake being a ported remaster, what are the chances that Machine Games have been working on Wolfenstein III the last few years? I’m really hoping that they’re closing in on final development for it and that it gets revealed soon because I really don’t want to wait years and years for it to be concluded.

Indiana Jones will be fully exclusive to Xbox/PC in my opinion.

I fully believe that there were fully playable builds of Redfall and Starfield that had a PlayStation 5 version. After all, Sony tried to get Starfield as a timed console exclusive so obviously, that version existed. Also, when you look at Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo having PS5 versions, it’s easily believable that there were PS5 versions of Starfield and Redfall. Probably a few others as well but in no way, shape or form should have development continued on them once Microsoft acquired ZeniMax because that would just be stupid on so many levels.

So yeah, I easily believe that there were PS5 versions of several games but oh well, they were cancelled as they should be and are nothing but a memory.

Agree. Also, I think Indy might be earlier than Wolf3. If MG is making Quake Reboot, then there is no Wolf 3, soon. Only after Indy and Quake, it is possible we will get Wolf 3.

Yeah, true. I hope they’re not working on Quake and instead are working on Wolfenstein III. At least that’s what im hoping for.

This is cool

4 Likes

@Daniel mentioning this in the other thread on Quakecon—

Nightdive developed the Quake port. There is no mention of MachineGames. I think we are getting the reboot announced.

I’ve been thinking about how ever since Oblivion BGS games, while still fantastic definitely were going for the more casual approach. More and more RPG elements were being taken out or changed for the worse.

Now with Starfield coming up and BGS now having 100% creative freedom I wonder if it’s just coincidence that Howard said he’s gonna bring back some of these elements not seen in their games for a long time to Starfield. Could it be that Zenimax did not offer full creative freedom to Howard and team and that this is the reason Oblivion wasn’t nearly as deep with RPG mechanics as Morrowind? And especially Fallout 4 really taking a step back with it?

Whatever the case, it’s very exciting that BGS is bringing it back, it’ll be a better game for it. While I played Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and 4 to death…I absolutely missed deeper RPG mechanics.

1 Like

Get the guys who made Skyblivion to make the Oblivion remaster/remake using the new Creation Engine 2.

4 Likes