Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

I await the avalanche of articles claiming that future ID games will be "multiplat:.

2 Likes

Quake ain’t close to a system seller and if they were already done with the game on other systems might as well just release it. Case by case basis, highly doubt someone would pick up a Xbox for a Quake remake/remaster, this would just be the thing Phil was saying about legacy as in already in the making.

You’re overestimating to what degree these games outlets write articles in good faith… lol

3 Likes

For the last time this is not a Quake remake/remaster it a re-release port of the 1996 PC Game with slight enhancement. People are losing their shit over nothing.

2 Likes

LEGACY

3 Likes

If it is a rerelease, it would give me hope that Wolfenstein 3 is still happening.

Though that Machinegames also said in 2019 that they were interested in rebooting Quake so this rerelease may be be a hint at something bigger in the future as well.

I mean what legacy does the original Quake have on PlayStation… lol :smile:

Sure that is on them to handle, I don’t care personally because I know what they’re doing.

1 Like

So it a remastered lol fuck me i spoke too soon.

Anyway I think we can establish “legacy” was a direct nod to potential remasters.

2 Likes

With this game having an ESRB rating, I think we can expect the game to launch this year.

The Xbox-Bethesda deal didn’t close until March. A port of a 25 y/o game to draw in a potential audience for a new game that will undoubtedly be exclusive makes some sense.

5 Likes

hmm

By definitition, it is a remaster since there will be enhancements with porting an old game on the latest generation of consoles.

Fallout New Vegas or I riot.

I mean Quake has been on PS2, N64, even Dreamcast so legacy is there lol

Thanks. I do wonder though what is the point of being a publisher if you don’t own any developer. I know ACG said a while ago that Microsoft was in talks to buy FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE but if they don’t have any developers why bother.

Maybe that’s the missing game on Game Pass in whichever month had 0 titles.

Ugh if this is coming to PS5 then I’m going to avoid YouTube and Twitter for a long time. Can’t believe Microsoft would make such a large mistake. The messaging on Bethesda needs to be all future unannounced games are exclusive and now they are doing this?

4 Likes