Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Why we dont need to remake games and xbox should just pump out all those new Ip’s/sequel as much as they can this gen.

1 Like

I was keeping it in the context of what he was talking about. If there was a studio created, or brought on to do remakes. The more workload they get, the longer it will take to get around to some of the ones people want to see

You’re on some whole other thing

As always

I’ll never understand the need for every single game to be new IP, how the hell are they suppose to grow a fanbase of IP (which every gaming company wants) if you make a game then ditch it for new IP straight away. The whole point of starting a new studio for remakes is so they can focus on it while the other devs do new IP and new games in established IP.

Imagine if devs just made 1 game and moved on from that IP and never made anything again, that would be stupid. Microsoft wants franchises that have millions of fans that will run to the stores and buy every new title that comes out, remaking old games can do that.

We need old IP brought back, new IP and new games in existing IP all we have right now is the latter with Xbox.

Talking about bringing back old IP wtf is up with Lucid Games wiki page? saw Nick talk about em on Twitter and checked what they made then saw this lol. I’m guessing someone is just bsing around.

7 Likes

Because at xbox we have an IP/Sequel problem that nobody can deny which hopefully changes this gen and there are only so many remakes you can do I guess? And the ones being discussed are BGS RPG remakes which to my understanding have never been done on a scale like that and those resources seem better suited to newer games or to help actual TES or Fallout games out.

We had this problem in the previous gen because there were not enough studios. This time we should not have such problem.

4 Likes

The issue is a good remake of a major game (think RE or FF) requires AAA resources and a top level team Both of which some of us would rather see go towards the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout than remaking an old one. In previous discussions, people were calling out Morrowind as an example.

Its different if you’re talking about remaking smaller scale games.

1 Like

Hence its still an issue that is aimed to be fixed this gen :+1: hence it still exists

The last remake/remaster from Xbox that I can remember is Halo MCC, before that was the remaster of Gears 1 I think it was, Xbox hasn’t dipped into the remake/remaster well at all really. I can only think of Skyrim being a remaster from Bethesda and can’t really think of anything else from the top of my head so correct me there but both companies haven’t exactly been spamming remakes and remasters as far as I can remember.

Setting up a studio to do remakes isn’t going to make Fallout or Elder Scrolls come out slower, nor is it going to limit Mircosoft from funding more staff to make those games either. Bethesda and Xbox Game Studios are on some shoestring budget and MS could open up many studios if they wanted to. Hell Microsoft could probably afford to create a 150 studio for every popular IP they own.

But you are arguing about the past or the future? Because it doesn’t matter now if we have the new IP or the next iteration. We will (at least we should) have both.

No but spending 4-5 years remaking a Morrowind or a Fallout 3 only to follow those up shortly with a proper sequel in the series means it was a waste for the legs and appeals of those games.

Except they have kinda repeated they have no interest in opening up more studios tho.

It’s not going to take 4-5 years to remake a game, that’s a bit dramatic. They will only remake/remaster titles that haven’t had a new title in a while also.

Well they could buy studios to do it then, also I think they said it’s just harder to do than buy not that they don’t want to do it but I could be wrong.

All I’m saying is, if Bethesda created a brand new studio of 100 people to remake a game, it’s not going to mean Elder Scrolls 6 will now come out 1 year later, nor does it mean if they worked on Elder Scrolls 6 it would come out 1 year earlier.

edit: it only just clicked to me that the studio MS is building from scratch for the first time in forever is working on bringing back an old IP lol.

Did you find RE 2 and 3 Remakes a waste cause RE 8 came out close to both of them?

4 Likes

If anything it boosted the hype for the next game.

9 Likes

I agree but I am biased cause RE is in my top Fav franchises

Have you seen the scope and scale of BGS games? Like Morrowind isnt going to be a 3 year turnaround lmao.

And this discussion is for the rumored BGS remake studio not anything else.

RE2 and RE8 are 10 hour games that are vastly different from the original and blur the line between remake and an outright re-imagining.

Why do we compare 10 hour linear corridor games to massive open world RPG’s?

They’re not making a brand new game from scratch lore/setting and that wise, sure if they were making a brand new game yeah but they have the entire foundation built for them it’s not going to take 4 years to remake a game. A remake is just redoing textures, objects and fixing bugs honestly and that wouldn’t take a team 4 years.

I’d throw money at that RE4 remake that’s bound to come

4 Likes

I just want them to remake CV, and it would also be pretty ace if they finally deem to give us some closure on the RE6 cliffhanger.

2 Likes