Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

You’d think they would save these things for Gamescom, would’ve been a nice surprise.

HOLY POOP EMOJI

LOOK AT IT.

LOOK AT IT.

1 Like

Humankind releases before Gamescom (August 17), so that wouldn’t be possible.

3 Likes

That trailer felt so premium and puts a really high quality seen on the game as a premium game looks stunning.

Yesterday was the 4th anniversary of Hellblade too so this was meant to coincide. Shadowdropping at Gamescom would step on Psychonauts 2’s toes, at least a little bit.

2 Likes

Yes, I know. I just said what they could/should/would do to have better effect :slightly_smiling_face:

Holy hell, watch the Series X|S trailer for Hellblade in 4K.

A four-year old game looks stunning and puts some current “Next-Gen Patches” to shame.

I want to see if this runs at 60fps on resolution mode.

Have to say I am suprised by the Hellblade info drop. I wasnt expecting any news from MS since I figured it would all be saved for quakecon and gamescom

Yep, strange decision. They could save that for gamescom 2021 Xbox Stream.

Same like they did with Battletoads last year. New gameplay trailer with release date was published just a few days after Xbox Games Showcase.

I guess this means it was cut from the show to gove more time for something else?

The Xbox Wire already said the show will be focused on games releasing soon on Xbox. As cool as this update is, it is for a 4 year old game and so doesn’t gel well with the plan for Gamescom.

Yeah I wonder about that too. But if not it’s not the end of the world for this kind of game.

It could be still a main focus for the show with additional unexpected smaller announcements like this one.

I bring answers.
Multiple choices, that’s what I like to see.

https://twitter.com/NinjaTheory/status/1424745066099355648?s=20

1 Like

Honestly who cares, it is available now so you can play it right away rather than wait for an arbitrary date :man_shrugging:. Besides yesterday was the 4 year anniversary, so makes a bit more sense to release it now to coincide with it.

Thanks!

Hmm, kind of surprising we don’t get 60fps with raytracing though, considering some games do manage to bring that. But I guess it probably depends on how heavy the use of RT is?

My take is that RT is still extremely demanding, until we get a proper super res mode, we won’t see it achieve 60fps easily.

Yeah, but there are some games out there that managed to do it. Iirc Metro Exodus and Spidey MM and I think the latest Ratchet too?