Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Yup but just going by what he said might be only one game which still would get me hyped haha

1 Like

I mean they are busy with Ghostwire and we now know that they have a second game in the works

There’s only so much they can work on at once but I do think Mikami will make another game at some point, Phil will let that man do whatever he wants

1 Like

I have to learn the real difference between being a director on a game and a producer. So while he may not direct a game anymore, chances are he might work on a next game as producer? Or a different role.

Is she known for great stuff?

Never say never, indeed. He might get the drive back after a while , while working on other things. That game he’s ways wanted to make…while not horror, it sounds very interesting!

The second game being by the director of TeW2, is what you mean, right? Really curious what he’s making.

But who knows what might happen in the future, for all we know he indeed ends up in that convenience store, haha.

She was one of the lead narrative designers on both Pillars of Eternity games (senior narrative designer on the Outer Worlds)… so she knows the IP.

2 Likes

Jez just said there’s a Windows Central article on Avowed incoming…

20 Likes

Directors are the leading role in the creative decision process and decision making.

Executive Producers are kind of a Supervisor or just the one who funded the project if I’m not mistaken. So almost nothing in the creative process.

1 Like

Yeah the guy that made EW2 is directing a new game which most people assume is EW3 (id be happy with a new IP too but a survival horror game with MS budget, oh baby)

But I think I was wrong about them only working on Ghostwire and possibly EW3

From the Mikami video with Phil, it seems he said they also have a small third team that is working on something smaller, so its possible that they have Ghost/EW3 and also some smaller game in the works even if its very early

It definitely seems like Mikami wants to act as a mentor to young talent and produce games over directing at this stage in his career but if he is able to finally work on that dream game of his now that he has a budget and the resources, I can see him doing it eventually

2 Likes

I wonder if @Klobrille implied that Compulsion is making dark fantasy third person action adventure. on OtherEra

2 Likes

Let’s motherfucking goooool!

This comes as close as it can get to official information when it’s coming from this guy! Cannot wait to read this, whatever he has. Even if it’s exactly what Sponger said but more in depth on details.

Wonder if this increases the chances of a trailer this year too.

1 Like

Like clockwork it will be seen as objective fact by many people, even here.

5 Likes

But it’s probably best not to post the nonsense here.

But I can see it happening too, as soon as Windows Central has their article online. And we should ignore it.

1 Like

Didn’t expect an Avowed article anytime before the game was shown again publicly, it will be really nice if this happens.

Sounds quite interesting. I hope they can deliver it well.

12 Likes

What does Dark fantasy take us to

Dark fantasy, a great choice of genre for me.

2 Likes

After WHF, this sounds like music to my ears. Phil did say we should be paying attention to this studio a while ago. Wasn’t there a rumor though that their next game would be like a puzzle game?

I wonder if the Avowed article is just a hard confirmation on what Sponger told us a while ago.

Sponger DOES remain somewhat unverified (even if he did call Skyrim Anniversary Edition) but I wonder if Jez has heard what Sponger has heard.

Also where the hell is Sponger.

Sponger get your ass back here and leak more shit.

2 Likes

Compulsion is very, very interesting now. I didn’t even know who they were back in 2018… When they were acquired I was like “who? ok…” . Xbox might know what they’re doing with the acquisitions :wink:

2 Likes

I’m even more hyped for Avowed than Starfield.

2 Likes