Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Episodic evil within?

Please no.

1 Like

Episodic dino crisis?

Not a fan of episodic releases myself. While I really enjoyed Life is Strange, I would have preferred it as a full release from day one.

1 Like

I mean there being nothing like it doesnt mean Sea of Thieves is a terrible game solo to this day and it took over a year to get it to an okay state content wise lol.

Idk Deo forgive me just felt like ranting after a terrible week at work lol.

Haha I’m just messing around, I’d like to see what they come up with, but it does sound like they will work on two projects simultaneously with one being their normal big AAA and a smaller AA game

But I’m kinda surprised that it seems Mikami isn’t really on a project of his own, unless he just didn’t want to announce that yet.

Maybe he is growing other folks to take over and just providing oversight to all the teams

He announced 11 years ago that his last game as a director would be Evil Within 1.

I don’t see a problem with the episodic stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, that seems to be the case…

Maybe he doesn’t have the drive yet, or anymore to make a big new game? Would be a real shame after reading about his dream game, I’d love to see that come to fruition.

He did? I see. We had people here saying he was going to make one more game, which could be that dream game.

This would be fine. A smaller AA game can be great, but I do want to keep seeing AAA from this studio too. No mention of that in there though, but I am not worrying about that.

For me it’s like, when I buy something and start to play or watch it I highly prefer to be able to watch/play from beginning to end. Same with anime, I rather only watch anime or shows that I can just finish, with the exception being One Piece since I got a ridiculous amount to watch left, lol.

I guess a episodic horror could work, you play a chapter, you play other games and a month later or so the next chapter is there. Still, personally I highly prefer a full game.

Don’t know about the dream game.

Damn, I did not know this.

But I’m sure we’re gonna see his influence in upcoming games. But wait, what’s his role on Ghostwire?

As for John Johanas’s new game, I hope this will be of decent length and not one of those shorter experiences. TEW3 or maybe a totally new IP.

Give this man the money he needs

1 Like

I am different in that regard. I don’t watch anime and prefer reading novels and for me it is a norm to wait week or month or more for a new chapter. The way I play is also never about completion at once as I switch to reading, web surfing and so on. Only single player in GTA is the exception.

Executive Prod.

Didn’t say anything about a dream game. But I would love it if he returned to the role of a director.

I just did that quote cause you said he retired which is true but he did say he would come back if he got to make the game he wants

There’s been a bit of confusion to who is directing Avowed… Chris Parker was rumoured.

Now it seems to be confirmed it’s Carrie Patel (worked on Pillars and Outer Worlds).

https://www.linkedin.com/in/carrie-patel-80003aa

4 Likes

this is the XGS topic.

This would be amazing. I hope Microsoft send them all the money in the world so he would return to direct games. Brian Fargo was close to retirement but now he found his motivation again.

4 Likes