Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Here’s hoping my friend, the shortages and exceeding demand sure are making things difficult :frowning:

Yeah it amazes me how quickly gamers forgot all of the wonderfully shitty things Sony does, especially those stipulations added in their marketing/exclusivity deals. Strange how quickly gaming media, and subsequently gamers, also got over the fact that Sony is the only publisher to charge for cross play, or devs being charged a minimum of $25k to be highlighted on their storefront (something Xbox does inherently using automatic classifications and Game Pass), etc.

Press ‘X’ for doubt.

Preach my friend.

HW2 solid game but HW1 is just an overall better experience overall. Required less micromanagement, particularly online more balanced and the campaign was better too.

I dind’t like microtransactions in HW2, it was a bad look. Also DLC2 and a mode not included in season pass was bad.

The two situations are completely incomparable. For one, the landscape is vastly different than it was in 1999 when Halo was shown off at Macworld (I remember it vividly). Secondly, and most importantly, Apple during Jobs’ era never gave a shit about gaming to the extent that they would have paid for exclusivity like publishers do today; also know because I had three years at Apple under Jobs’ reign (six total), and that was after gaming started blowing up on mobile… he still didn’t give a shit.

Half of the units in Halo Wars 1 were useless (like Ghosts, Wraiths, Grunts + Elites)… Every unit in HW2 feels balanced and useful. The game has so much more different strategies than HW1 (and I loved HW1).

I only play as YapYap but I think that leaders are very balanced also. 16 leaders vs 6 leaders in HW1, which is a huge difference.

Way more dynamic also (supply + energy, tons of powers).

Only downside are the maps which lack some variety but those are still great.

1 Like

Disney not giving a shit about streaming commitments with Netflix&co for its properties when they launched Disney+ is a very comparable one, the war among them, Netflix, Prime, etc is as brutal as the one for gaming content. MS is one of the most influential companies ever existed, if they really want something, they get it.

If we’re going to have to revisit this same topic, and these same bad-faith assessments about Microsoft just being able and willing to shred contracts in place, we’re not going to have a good time.

3 Likes

Yeah I mean it helps that HW2 came out in an era where downloads are more prevalent but having more leaders doesnt mean anything if most of them are a broken mess. Also had to get a season pass for them if not its useless.

My experience has always devolved into what super unit can I spam that just doesnt follow the rules of AIR-LAND-GROUND mechanics that made the first one simple and easier to play.

I absolutely preferred reactors to power generating.

Ok, I won’t go on, but I recall you saying worse things about Sony today, lol, much worse, I don’t get why you think MS is so pure and candid in comparison. XD

2 Likes

It’s funny because the thing that jumped out at me with the Epic vs Apple court case was just how cold and business like Sony came across in those emails and further solidified just how ruthless Sony is in the gaming space despite their “For the Players” marketing line and how I feel people generally think about them compared to Microsoft.

At the end of the day they are a corporation so of course they will act the way they do, but I wish people see them as that rather than be corporate defenders and pretend like they are the good guys of the industry or something similar.

1 Like

oh wow nice more than 100 comments.

*open thread…

giphy-downsized-large

13 Likes

Yeah, not to go all “hail Phil”, but seeing those communications between Phil and Tim Sweeney were a stark contrast. You can tell Phil just loves what’s best for gamers.

It was indeed good to know that the Phil that interacts with the gaming audience is not necessarily any different than how he is away from the limelight.

He sure did come across as the only one who wasn’t a dick from those emails lol.

3 Likes

On the contrary in those emails Tim Sweeney did seem as slimy as he seems from public interactions, lol.

2 Likes

I got to work on a Monday and you people put 434 posts on this topic?

What the hell did I miss?

Wrong reply

Lol. Oh! You didn’t think he was the champion of the downtrodden that he portrayed himself to be :wink:.

2 Likes

Speaking for me only. I’m salty I don’t get to play deathloop until next year.

4 Likes

Is that what 400 posts were about?

Deathloop is GOTY material and we be salty?

Or also the new XGSP game that leaked?

3 Likes
4 Likes