Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Maybe

It’s a console launch exclusive, not a platform exclusive.

Regardless, doesn’t matter much and we’ll never see the contract wording.

Yeah, i can’t Think anything. New IP for Microsoft RTS?

I’m just glad its going to be on Steam. I like how Steam shows how many hours played whereas the Xbox app really has that stuff hidden and developers can disable it. I find that ridiculous. Only downside is no xbox achievements.

1 Like

This has got me interested, especially the part where it gets inspiration “from the city-building genre”. Just hope it’s not PC-only.

I never played Prey but Dishonored shooting was solid but it was more slow paced and methodical. Since Redfall is a looter shooter, the gunplay and shooting mechanics should definitely be their main focus in regards to gameplay.

Have I mentioned that im HYPED for Redfall??? LOL. I almost wish the leak didn’t happen since it’s a year away or so.

Yep. And while others will disagree, this is actually the number one reason why I would have done whatever it took to end the timed exclusivity for Sony in regards to Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo. Because after doing so, there would be no more “is it coming to PlayStation” debate. Everyone would simply fucking know what the deal is and that’s it. Like it, don’t like. Too bad. Buy an Xbox or a $2000 high end power PC. Either way, you would be playing the games within the Xbox eco-system.

2 Likes

If Halo Wars 3 is anything like 2 (besides art direction) they can keep it. Doesnt come close to Halo Wars 1 in terms of enjoyment online, balancing, maps, etc.

Is it news that IdSoftware is hiring for a position at a location in Germany? I don’t recall them having a studio there

They do but its not a development studio as far as I know.

1 Like

They had a studio in Frankfurt for years, mostly id tech and for poaching devs from Crytek.

2 Likes

Ahh, the Cersei Lannister line of thinking

2 Likes

4 Likes

It’s like when MS bought Bungie and I don’t recall Halo CE releasing first on Mac even though Steve Jobs himself presented it, lol. They are simply playing nice because they don’t want to be associated with the old ruthless MS of 90s. Disney burned any commitment to other streaming services the instant they launched Disney+. Nobody can convince they couldn’t, they simply didn’t do it, but Xbox customers “user experience” is certainly not better because of it.

Anyone know what these projects could be Kalimba Indus Gravity

I’ve seen someone saying kalimba could be an avatar game

IMO its a vastly inferior game. Didnt take a genius to realize how broken the DLC characters where and they never bothered to fix it, nor did they ever address the rushing problems and some units being grossly overpowered to the point that their natural counters even got slaughtered. HW1 was excellent in that regard because it was straight forward in a way that is not there in the second game.

Maybe Oxide/Project Indus that is the strategy/simulation city-building genre is repurpose of the Crackdown IP???

1 Like

Yes oxide is 100% a rts game and it looks like the studio hired some devs from firaxis

I also liked more HW1 by Ensemble, but HW2 was also from an estemeed studio like Creative Assembly, it was a solid game.

What Studio? Worlds Edge?

Oxide games