Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

With quick resume this shouldn’t be a big problem. Also they could make them skippable if you press the button A or something like that.

PS5 doesn’t have any Quick Resume and new Ubisoft’s games skip that all splash screens. Xbox Series X|S has full start up of them with no option to skip.

I know that only Forza Horizon 4 has skippable intro with pressing A. Don’t know about any other games.

If that new IP from IOI for Xbox Game Studios is DESTINY-like then I might to look forward for this. I’ve never played DESTINY, but I heard it can be played solo, despite being always online. IOI also has a lot of experience in single player games, so I hope they won’t let it go for fully multiplayer and risky game.

There is going to be a time in the future where people will be mad that a game only auto starts 5 minutes before you decide play it instead of 10.

No, it comes to Xbox Game Pass the same day it releases on Xbox. That is what that says.

3 Likes

Can somebody explain to me what Xbox Global Publishing deal IS?

So in the beginning the idea was that anything under XGS + Bethesda would be marketed/showed as such when regards to studios and games.

Psychonauts 2 is a XGS game, while AoE IV would be a XGSP game.

Last year Tell Me Why and Flight Sim both launched with XGSP branding, and AoE IV was revealed as an XGSP title. Additionally, As Dusk Falls was shown to be a XGSP title.

But now, Contraband and Flight Sim all have the XGS branding, despite being XGSP titles.

So why the change?

It’s dumb.

There XGSP titles, so why not use the XGSP logo.

1 Like

It could be because they aren’t officially an xbox game studio. They may save it for the internal teams as a way differentiate between global publishing and internal xbox game studios.

1 Like

Isnt this just xbox owned games made by non-owned studios regardless of IP? Any XGSP is part of XGS as far as I know they just seem to be weird about it.

1 Like

First of all… There is no such thing as Xbox Global Publishing. It’s misbranded by some people like @Jez or Jeff Grubb. It’s called Xbox Game Studios – Publishing since early 2019. Before that it was named as Microsoft Studios Global Publishing.

Xbox Game Studios – Publishing is a team within Xbox Game Studios for first-party games developed by third-party studios. That’s why it’s called second-party (some people say it’s colloquially, some reports (from Sony or Google for example) showed it was used officially).

That team exist at the earliest from 2014. In 2011–2014 Mike Ybarra worked as Partner Studio Manager. In that time he shipped Age of Empires Online, Gears of War 3 and Gears of War: Judgment with Epic Games, Ryse: Son of Rome with Crytek, Sunset Overdrive with Insomniac Games.

Age of Empires IV would be a Publishing game, but Age of Empires has own studio opened in 2019 called World’s Edge. Adam Isgreen, Studio Creative Director, explained that this studio is mainly for overseeing and supporting this franchise rather than developing games itself.

Practically, it works as a Publishing too, but just for Age of Empires, because Age II: DE is from Forgotten Empires, Age III: DE from Tantalus Media and Age IV is developed by Relic Entertainment.

There is no change here and never has been.

It’s simple.

Xbox Game Studios is the publisher.

Xbox Game Studios – Publishing is not the publisher, it’s a team within XGS.

Microsoft Flight Simulator, Tell Me Why, As Dusk Falls, Contraband. Every of these games are published by Xbox Game Studios and developed/in development by third-party studios. That’s it.

They never launched with XGSP branding. They could have been announced as a Publishing games, but they launched with Xbox Game Studios brand, because this is the actual publisher of these games.

7 Likes

It doesn’t matter. Microsoft Flight Simulator is still Xbox Game Studios’ game. It’s just developed by third-party studio. Gears Tactics is also developed by third-party Splash Damage and it has own animation, but this one was overseen directly by The Coalition.

I wouldn’t see a problem to make same custom opening animation for MSFS with theme using cover art or other part of trailer with aircrafts.

I’m over the Marvel style intro that Sony copied and is being suggested for Xbox too. No thanks

Both platform holders copied that from Marvel.

PlayStation’s animation was originally made as PlayStation Originals in 2016 for movies (Ratchet & Clank). Then in 2020 it was changed for PlayStation Studios.

Microsoft introduced that in 2019. Marvel has its own for many years. Only someone stupid and blind could say or suggest that Sony copied Microsoft.

Who is saying Sony copied MS? Either way I’m not a fan of the ripped design from Marvel Studios for either Sony or MS. I’d rather see something unique.

Well, they are going to have to add a Xbox Game Studios intro in every game they make anyway, so let it be the cool Marvel looking one instead of the bland white background with the Xbox Game Studios name inserted on it.

2 Likes

I hate that Marvel-like intro. Glad they ditched it. Looks super cheesy and also ran at like 5 FPS for some reason.

1 Like

I guess the flight Simulator embargo dropped, reviews are still great.

1 Like

Ooohhhhh I see, god that took me longer than it should’ve

1 Like

Eurogamer gave it a “essential”.

5 Likes

ESSENTIAL for Eurogamer.net is like their previous 9-10/10, isn’t?

Yes.

1 Like