Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

I for one am shocked. Good game still good.

In all seriousness though. It is nice to see Microsoft getting some stellar reviews for first party game.

6 Likes

But is it REALLY a game though? :chief_think:

Of course it is, you knucklehead.

4 Likes

Slightly on/off topic note:

After a slight hulabaloo in the Acqusition thread about what Xbox franchises need a reboot, would anybody be actually interested in an entire thread dedicated to which Microsoft owned IPs actually need a reboot and debate around them as such?

Think of it like the acquisition thread, but instead why Midtown Madness deserves a second chance more than Killer Instinct :phil_lmao:

7 Likes

And those guys know what they are talking about. DF is them, right?

I have no idea how often I will be playing the game because I can’t see myself enjoying just flying around for too long. Of course I can’t wait to see the amazing beautiful vistas and it will undoubtedly be a very,chill, relaxing experience but I think that will be about it for me. Had it not been for GP I wouldn’t have bought it.

But never say never I guess, maybe I’ll end up loving it more than expected.

Banjo and Killer Instinct deserve a reboot and nothing will change my mind about it :philwins:

4 Likes

some people: Xbox has no games

Xbox: we finally have games

some people again: Microsoft Flight Simulator is not a game

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wonder if ponies are saying the same about MLB The Show franchise :smirk:

4 Likes

Digital Foundry is part of Eurogamer, but reviews, articles and tech analysis are of course done by different people.

I find it funny that ps fanboys laugh that Xbox has no games (goalposts moved to bangers) but the 2 highest (potentially 3 depending on how Infinite launches) reviewed games, maybe the only 2 90+ MC games will be owned by Microsoft with MSFS & FH5 in 2021 on consoles. And then you still have Deaths door and probably Psychonauts 2 at the mid to high 80s. We could be looking at a 2021 where MS has not just the only 91+ MC game but multiple games. MS keeps destroying those goalposts and I’m here for it.

5 Likes

Ignore fanboys and you’ll realize Xbox is and has been doing amazing things and you’ll generally be happier lol.

17 Likes

If a game isn’t in third person with an average shooting system and light stealth mechanics it isn’t an actual game really.

7 Likes

I dream of something like a GTA game sometime in the far future looking like MSFS. So when we fly around it looks that amazing and then we can just land and walk around in the world too. There’s no way actual open world games will look like this, this gen, but man it would be amazing.

Or a actual flight combat game.

1 Like

you know exactly how this will go: its a sim not a game, its only a racing game, not exclusive, its cross gen, it has Craig, its also on PS4, MS bought the game, yadda yadda.

Some people will just never accept Xbox, how stupid that may be :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I would prefer Forza Horizon first. In theory it would easier to do, because it’s „just” racing game with not as much complex systems and scripts as GTA needs and it’s not story game with so many missions, etc.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s difficult to admit for some people that you are missing out on so much games and value by ignoring Xbox now. Just as you’re missing out if you don’t have a switch or a PS5.

I think that tells you how healthy the industry is right now.

1 Like

Make It So Star Trek GIF

3 Likes

Holy shit does the environment in FH5 look good. Never seen better mud and offroad surfaces in a Forza game

6 Likes

If it’s not published by Sony, then it’s not a game.

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Reboot thread’s up, it’s probably missing a whole bunch of shit, but we’ll fill in the gaps as we go.

5 Likes

Where can I find this? Xbox channel?