Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

So your guessing that they are all cross-gen and are getting worked up if your guess is true?

Remind me again why forza horizon 5 can’t be the best looking game ever made, or any of the ones I mentioned again?

2 Likes

Seriously. Forza Horizon 2 was cross-gen yet that game looked stunning on Xbox One.

3 Likes

I try to keep up on all of the big threads on here because I love the Xbox community and how the ecosystem is growing. But I would definitely recommend playing more games (The Wild at Heart on Game Pass was really cool from what I checked out tonight) and just enjoying what is going to be some fun Xbox news over the next few weeks instead of worrying so much about any particular thing or how someone else may perceive it. Xbox Game Studios are going to be bringing some great content to Xbox players and of course Game Pass, so all good for me :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Much better than flagging them or adding nothing by complaining about them lol

2 Likes

Seeing people still debate about whether halo needs a battle royale or be a masterpiece I don’t think it needs either just needs to be a good game and no lack of content at launch you only have 1 chance to impress people!

3 Likes

Halo + Forza Horizon 5 + BF6 + all the Game Pass games that come is enough for me, I know the bigger games are coming and it’s not like last generation. I would be right there with you guys who are worried if this was last gen, the fact MS went from 5 studios to 23 studios makes the entire scenario different.

We were being told to wait till E3 with XGS only have a measly 5 studios, no wonder why we never got games and always got our hopes up. It might seem like nothing has changed as of right now but things clearly have. I know people want the games right now and Xbox should’ve done better and I agree but there comes a point where time and circumstances have put them in this position.

Put it this way in however many years in future, we’re going to look back at this time and laugh at how impatient we were (in some cases rightfully so) with how many games we’ll be getting constantly. There is a huge difference between wait for the games as of right now than in previous years where there wasn’t anything we could actually wait on.

Once Halo is out and if it’s good most complaints about games will mostly go away, unless it’s a bad game haha. We could see a game every couple of months even this year from 3rd party and 1st party, going into 2022 with Starfield probably between Feb>April.

nuts GIF

2 Likes

Have you forgotten puddlegates?

It is not the end of the world but let’s not forget what happened.

Love the game.

Games can get downgraded from the trailers all the time no big deal.

5 Likes

This thread needs a better name. Lets encourage positive witty titles a bit more.

Doom posting as a title was an obvious joke, but a better title is possible.

6 Likes

That new OT smell

Smells like “Doom Posting”

4 Likes

In that case it could also mean the date they have with Phil at E3, as in showcase. Although with now the cover story by GI you’d think that’s already a real nice way to kick off marketing. With maybe one more story trailer at E3 for those that really don’t know the franchise and then shadow drop it. But could be release later in the year too.

Hope not though, because I’m nearing completion of the first game, I don’t want it to end, so if 2 could be June, that be amazing.

After reading Jason’s books it will be very naive for me to even believe that the game was done a year ago and they are just polishing it. With RPGs you are never done until someone says to release it

It’s definitely 2022 game, COVID didn’t magically avoided Bethesda. I will believe more Jeff Grubb, then a person who literally stole the entire script for the video from another creator

Xbox Game Studios [OT5] tEmper your 3xpectations

Xbox Game Studios [OT5] Hopes higher than the Starfield

Xbox Game Studios [OT5] Starfield Is exclusive shut up

4 Likes

Wait, who was that that stole it?

New OT… Nice. :grinning:

looking forward to E3 2021. looking forward to seeing Halo Infinite, Starfield, Forza etc.

The best time of the year is very close. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I just saw that some people from obsidian made a recreation of Mos Eisley in unreal engine 4 back in 2016, in their free time, and it looks really good!

Star Wars in Unreal Engine 4 – Docking Bay 94 Demo Graphics Comparison Low vs Ultra - YouTube

Maybe the unnanounced game that they are working on (not avowed) is something star wars related? If enough of the senior people at obsidian are excited enough about star wars to make a recreation of it in their free time surely their must be some interest in making a proper game in the star wars universe

1 Like

Here is a French interview from Le Figaro with Matt Booty about Bethesda :

Some tidbits from the thread :

• A common showcase between Bethesda and Microsoft in a few weeks.
  • Their objective is to have all new Bethesda games on Game Pass Day One
  • Microsoft doesn’t want to touch on Bethesda publishing branch ( marketing, sales, communication, abroad offices… ) and doesn’t want to impose its own teams.
  • The priority is to let Bethesda teams having complete creative freedom ( the same applies for all Xbox studios acquired ).
  • Microsoft doesn’t want for its studios to create games that can work the best in Game Pass. Complete freedom there. According to the reporter, MS won’t follow the same path as Netflix here, by analyzing what is trending.
  • Not in the article, but about other acquisitions, Matt Booty responded “I can’t share anything !”. The reporter is noting that this not him saying they are done, on the contrary.
  • Also not in the article, but Covid has had an impact on games produced by XGS, which was slowed down, the most impacted being those working on original creations ( and not sequels ).
23 Likes

that bullet point specifically says to me that they are negotiating with disney about letting indiana jones on game pass day one, which they would have to do if disneys agreement with bethesda included them getting a percentage cut of revenues generated by the title.

I wonder if they will successfully negotiate that?

2 Likes

Luke Stephens. He was mentioned in the linked post

Here’s the video where he was exposed if you curious: https://youtu.be/ZDtJ7bte_zg?t=424

I think so.

I hope this means the initiative is chugging right along on perfect dark