Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Less than 3 weeks from E3 2021, this year is Xbox 20th anniversary, I think it’s about time to celebrate with some documentary trailers, some nostalgic trailers, devs story with brand <3

4 Likes

Because it’s Starfield or because it’s a RPG? Because if the latter, that would mean they’re never going to have a show in the future where they will showcase more than one RPG? That I can’t see happening.

I don’t think they will keep Avowed away until E3 2023.

2 Likes

So, @hindle thinks Microsoft are going to arbitrarily force Obsidian not to show Avowed, until Starfield has released…?

5 Likes

Yeah. It doesn’t make sense. Xbox will have a big RPG focus this gen and if they can they will showcase more than one RPG at a time, come on now. Let’s say something goes wrong with Starfield and it doesn’t make the Q4 release date, Obsidian at that point has some real nice footage ready for a XO event or even E3 2023, but Starfield isn’t out yet so it can’t be shown? Nah fam.

Yeah, not buying in to that one bit

If they don’t show something, it’s because they didn’t have enough to show, not because they don’t want to show anything of a similar genre as something else. Goes completely against the motivation of an E3 show and the marketing of a subscription service like Gamepass

It’s all about, “hey look at all this awesome stuff we have.” Not “okay here is this one thing, only look at this one thing, for now” They want to overwhelm you and make subscribing to their service and buying their console feel undeniable

4 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Cool! I’ll take it!

2 Likes

So they will hide like 5 games then cause they are RPG’s? Lmao

Avowed is one of my most anticipated games from Xbox Game Studios. I hope they show it again this year.

3 Likes

Same here. I like the Pillars universe and ES6 is far of into the future, so the game will more than scratch the itch for a fantasy RPG.

2 Likes

Marketing campaigns are always set. Starfield will be the focus until it’s out. Avowed and Fable are coming much later, then Starfield so it makes no sense to talk about either until it’s out.

The game is 2023, way too early to talk or show yet. Starfield we see first

1 Like

I’m gonna bet on Klobrille’s resetera post and say Avowed might be shown at this E3 with a gameplay trailer. He said he thinks either Avowed or Everwild, one of them might be shown and I’m thinking Everwild is not even gonna be at this E3, leaving me with Avowed. It’s also gonna be poetic, having a Bethesda game show gameplay and world but also an Obsidian game do the same, the conversation and comparisons that shall start will keep Xbox in the loop until they release. “here’s what Bethesda is doing that obsidian should have” “here’s what Bethesda doesn’t get that Obsidian manages so masterfully” etc. Having Avowed be in the conversation alongside Starfield will be poetic, because both of em are gonna be each of those studios’ own respective new IP (although Avowed is set in PoE’s Eora of course).

And imo both of em shall be releasing next year, which is gonna be wild for rpg fans.

7 Likes

But by this logic they shouldn’t even have shown a trailer last year to begin with. We’re all guessing here but I hope you’re dead wrong. :wink:

It’s not yet a fact that Avowed is 2023.

2 Likes

So we shouldn’t have shown any of the games from last year’s E3 then by this logic Hindle.

I hope Klob turns out to be 100% right with that. It would be awesome. That could mean we might see Fable next year and releasing in 2023. I sure hope so because man, if all this promising stuff is like 2024 or later…christ. We’re not getting any younger, lol.

1 Like

If Starfield is late 2022, Avowed and Fable will not be much later.

Microsoft has too many RPGs in the pipeline to pretend only one game per genre exists.

4 Likes

The marketing cycle for SF is just beginning, the hype will be huge. It will crush all games especially those of the same genre. No sense in showing other RPGs until after release, cause this will take all the air in the room.

Teasers, proof of concept designed to make devs to come and make them, a bit like SF in 2018

It’s also gonna reinforce that these XGS studios are getting sidelined just for Bethesda to get propped up so much, which will further legitimise the kind of “hot takes” Ryan and Dan from IGN were having on twitter that day.

3 Likes