Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

man i forget about rare and i am one who predict them to announce their 3rd team game this E3 :phil_lmao: :phil_lmao: :phil_lmao:

1 Like

Canā€™t they just license for 5+ years?

1 Like

Iā€™m expecting -

• Age of Empires IV
  • Avowed
  • Flight Simulator
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Halo Infinite
  • Project Omen (Arkane)
  • Project Typhoon (Global Publishing)
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Starfield
  • Wolfenstein III
4 Likes

they can but Car manufactures have to agree on this long term deals. it can get very expensive

Is it ray-traced?

Good question

One would assume a new form of licensing if theyā€™re making it a platform.

4 Likes

I believe they settled for a 4-year deal because it would be obviously cheaper than a longer-term deal and because their roadmap always included biennal releases. Why make a deal for more time if 4 years from then theyā€™d have released two more games?

Certainly the newer license deals must be for a longer time since both Turn10 and Playground have stepped away from biennal releases.

3 Likes

Avowed hasnā€™t been confirmed either being present or absent yet, by ā€œinsidersā€, right? Man it would be so good to see the game.

I dont think MS will talk about any other RPG until after Starfield is out

1 Like

There are two ID software studios. The one in Texas and another in Frankfurt. Im thinking the latter is making a game

1 Like

id frankfurt is dedicated to working on the idtech engine, plus they are a smaller team of roughly 40 people

2 Likes

Could be turned into a full game dev studio. Their expertise with the engine is a great foundation.

People are so obsessed with who MS buy next, but I think we see studios like ID Frankfurt, Alpha Dog, Roundhouse become AAA stidios over time

1 Like

:chief_think:

Source.

hopefully its true. :pray:

Thatā€™s a odd thing to say. That would mean no Avowed, Fable this E3 and E3 next year.

True that Xbox will announce their dates tomorrow? Well I would sure expect it to be any minute now, really canā€™t be much longer.

1 Like

Jeff is a good source. so yes, the chances of an announcement tomorrow are real. but this can be a State of Play, Direct or Xbox+Bethesda Showcase. Weā€™ll see. :slightly_smiling_face:

Pretty much. Starfield is first

opposed to bi-yearly, itā€™ll probably be cheaper to lock in a deal for longer because it stops them from asking for more each time they renew.

2 Likes

How is it way more expensive to sign a long term licensing agreement for 10 years than 5 times every 2 years?

1 Like

yeah depends on the income(sales of the game and if it able to bring more players through GP) of FM if itā€™s worth it to invest then sureā€¦