Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I personally spoke with a MS dev at Gamescom 2019 about the subject and he didn’t even know AoE 2 was on PS2. From what I got from that conversation, they never even considered a console port (the concept was utterly alien to him and why lie to a question from a simple fan like me), then Adam Isgreen is a MS higher up and he has to say something convincing to avoid pr blunders, but that’s it, some shallow pr answer…if Paradox can map their grand strategy games with unlimited checkboxes, I’m sure MS can map AoE controls, come on mate.

3 Likes

Last year at the Xbox Games Showcase, Xbox revealed 4 new, AAA games coming from their own studios; Forza Motorsport, State of Decay 3, Avowed and of course, Fable.

For this year including XGSP and Bethesda, so far, I do think I already know about 5 completely new, AAA titles being announced this Summer. Some more expected than others.

Plans are still fluctuating though. At the end of the day, I think it is a fair expectation that gameplay trailers and/or demos should have a bigger presence at least for the already announced things coming this and next year.

48 Likes

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

3 Likes

Al Pacino GIF

15 Likes

I love you Squirrel another person who backs me up in my positivity!

10 Likes

Typhoon, Omen, Forza Horizon 5. Not sure what the other two might be.

That was basically me when they announced they purchased Obsidian in 2018 :philwins:

4 Likes

Xbox Global Publishing spin off AAA Game and Wolfenstein or Compulsion maybe?

1 Like

Very good news, but I suspect no one will be a japanese game, the last AAA from there was Dead Rising 3 I think…

We know two of them likely to be Omen, Typhoon and Forza , so by my reackoning there could be 2 more to be announced if your hunches are correct.

I was thinking Wolfenstein but Grubb said it wouldn’t be at E3. Compulsion is a good possibility I think.

#KlobBomb

final judgment GIF

5+ major reveals with a solid showing for Halo Infinite and Starfield would have the makings of a great conference. Surround those with a few XGS updates for a few announced games, Game Pass news, some cool indies and a few key third party trailers and you’ve got yourself a top tier Xbox show. It may not live up to the craziest expectations of some but it would be one of Microsoft’s best E3 showings, with the knowledge that the exclusives and Game Pass situation will only improve every year over the next few years.

I’m speculating on Klobrille referring to Project Typhoon, Forza Horizon 3, Arkane’s next game (Omen?), and a Minecraft project. Not sure on a 5th but a Compulsion reveal, Zenimax Online reveal or Wolfenstein 3 seem reasonable. If Jeff Grubb doesn’t think Wolfenstein will be there, I assume it’s because it likely won’t be ready until mid to late 2022 or later. That may not stop them from showing a reveal teaser though, especially if they want to hammer home that future Bethesda games will be exclusive to Xbox platforms.

A big twist or nothing?

With the FF Origins article, I’ve seen a lot of folks mixing Team Ninja with Ninja Theory… So I believe that this is just they having fun.

1 Like

Hopefully, it’ll be great.

I’ll still expect it to be complete shit with no salvation, so I can be surprised with almost anything lol.

9 Likes

boom GIF

1 Like

omen, typhoon, forza horizon, wolfenstein 3 and 1 game I have no clue from which studio

1 Like

After having seen several Biomutant reviews now and one of the complaints being that the world is huge but empty, I really hope Obsidian and PG knock it out of the park with Avowed and Fable. Fable was never open world, so it’s definitely going to be a challenge for them to make that world lively and worth exploring but I have faith in PG.

Obsidian I can’t wait to see what their world will be like. Many studios nowadays try their hand at open worlds, but for me it’s BGS, Rockstar and in some games Ubi. I thought they did a bang up job with WD2 but some other games not so much.