Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I’m excited to see what zenimax online can do outside of teso. TESO is a very good mmo but I think they got more talent in them for something more

1 Like

interesting, I didnt know that one of the games is from an existing franchise.

Also, just to add to the body of info:

• The rumour is that atleast one of the games is not an mmo. The “not an mmo” game is the one that started in 2018, I have no idea what the other game is though, could be an mmo, could not be

• It seems that the new san diego studio is working on the more recently started of the two games, and that it has been started recently. The job postings and people who work there on twitter talk about being excited about being there at the start of a project, which doesnt fit with a game thats been in development for 3 years at this point.

• Also they might have taken over development of that commander keen mobile game that they showed off that people didnt like

If the game that started in 2018 actually isnt an mmo, and has been in development for 3 years there is certainly a chance we see something from them this year

No

Yeah I agree, I really appreciate what they have done with ESO but I just don’t have the time to dive into an mmo, so I haven’t even tried it even though from videos it looks awesome. I am excited to see what they are working on

They have also opened a brand new studio in Wisconsin. Speculation on my part, but it’s in a spot that would make it easy to snag some talent from some big FPS studios like Raven Software.

Check out this job listing https://careers-zenimax.icims.com/jobs/1674/game-designer/job?mobile=false&width=1092&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240

It points to idSoftware IP, so who knows what they’re trying to do.

3 Likes

That really is a mystery, the only id games I would consider recent are doom and (maybe) rage, and why would zenimax online make a game based on those ip? I can’t imagine them working on a doom or rage spin off. And neither would work as an mmo type game imo.

If they hadn’t said recent Id games I would guess they were talking about that commander keen mobile game, but commander keen is the opposite of recent.

Maybe zenimax online studios is also sort of an internal support studio? So they also work with the other zenimax studios on their games? But then why not just open up id wisconsin?

Piecing bits and pieces of info together and speculating is fun!

1 Like

Yeah it’s not really recent and maybe I’m just being hopeful but I thought maybe Quake?

1 Like

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

What’s wrong with Quake. They could reboot it like Doom got rebooted

7 Likes

You seriously posted a disgusted gif about Quake? :phil_lmao:

I hope that you haven’t touched anything Quake related so I can put this just on dumb ignorance from you (and your usual hot takes), because it has to be that…otherwise this response is even more hilarious than I initially thought. :philwins:

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a rumor or something that was about Zenimax Online even making a SP game or am I now misremembering?

I think that was just speculation based on some of the hires they made (from Sony)

1 Like

I’ve been telling people for a good long while now that the credits on Fallout 76 overlap heavily with the credits on Fallout 4, and that judging based on that (and how fast the development cycle on 76 was) that it’s highly likely that Fallout 76 was the largest project at Bethesda Maryland until 76 shipped. Jason just confirmed what seemed fairly intuitively obvious to me based on external evidence.

Todd Howard is not exactly known for underselling things at the best of times, but even what he did say has enough fuzz that it could be easily be “true” while what Jason says is also true.

The quote I have here circa 2018 was:

“Sections of the game are very playable”. That’s not hard to believe as a product that’s just starting to ramp as another big project is winding down at your studio. It’s not hard to imagine sort of ~40-60 people working on Starfield prototypes for 2-3 year and nailing down what kind of game they wanted to make getting a workable slice of the game done, maybe even large parts of the main quest, and being able to run around in there and play it. That’s certainly not strange.

It’s also not that weird to iterate and polish for 2 years on a modern game with a massive budget. Even smaller games can take a long time

2 Likes

Quake hate is unwarranted and should be illegal.

11 Likes

I would absolutely welcome a new Quake !

1 Like

“there are sections of it that are very playable”

what they played:

3 Likes

we know that Kojima+Xbox is happening… but will there be more partnerships with Japanese studios at XGS? :chief_think:

Hopefully, they need it.

1 Like

Wolfenstein is a IDSoftware IP.

Enter Wolfenstein Freedom Fighters - a Destiny like game

I forgot that actually, maybe they are making an alternate history ww2 game.

Maybe like man in the high castle?