Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I would think so.

1 Like

I think so.

Theyre making it with Private Division, but yeah probably

Yeah, because PD lets the studios keep their IP like with The Outer Worlds. Xbox doesnā€™t do that anymore (poor Ryseā€¦) for good reasons.

1 Like

Who owns the Ori IP?

MS

Weird that Microsoft owns the I and yet, allowed Moon Studios to develop and release both games on Switch. Because of this, I always thought that Moon owned the Ori IP.

it was because of Moon Studios that this happened.

I donā€™t get it. If Microsoft owns the IP, how would it be up to Moon Studios? What am I missing???

I honestly donā€™t knowā€¦ Maybe Moon has something on Phil.

Moon asked MS if they could port it to switch because they wanted to, Microsoft obliged. The end.

3 Likes

Moon asked for it and MS agreed to keep a good relationship with them

4 Likes

maybe it didnt make enough money on xbox!?

Okay. Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

This.

but i also think that the D1 on Game Pass of Ori 2 was not foreseen in the publishing contractā€¦ i think that was one of the reasons. :thinking:

3 Likes

A next-gen remake of New Vegas with the cut contentā€¦ the dream. :dizzy_face:

In my eyes: Fallout needs its own dedicated studio (be it BGS Austin expanding and becoming the 24th studio or a brand new studio like The Initiative. And rename it/call it ā€œVault-Tecā€ by the way so you instantly have the cooler name in the industry :smirk:).

Itā€™s the 3th or 4th biggest IP in their portfolio with Minecraft, TES and Halo, there is the TV show in the works, yet there are probably less than 100 people working on the franchise at the moment with FO76 (unless there is an unannounced project somewhere but I have doubts, everyone seems busy). I also tend to think that BGS Austin is helping on Starfield.

While

• Minecraft has +600 people (using the number of employees)
  • Halo +750 people
  • and TES like +400 or +500 people (hard to guess, ZeniMax Online is mostly working on TESO with a small growing part working on the new AAA IP at San Diego and TES6 is in pre-production at BGS Maryland).

I love Fallout 76 but the series doesnā€™t have the resources it deserves in my own opinion (I hope they will at least announce the next-gen update at E3 as the update for TESO is coming in just some days)

3 Likes

Do we think that Zenimax online could be showing off their new ip game this year at e3?

Zenimax is actually working on 2 new games, one new IP and one existing franchise.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s the biggest possibility of showing a new title at E3 because theyā€™re hiring almost 100 people and that would make recruiting easier.

2 Likes

Do we know who far the game is? After search

From may 2019 They announced they working in something new

And after another search people discovered They working in something new in October 2018
So they were hiring people to work on it from 2 years and 8 months ? Or maybe more
So i think it might be at e3

3 Likes