Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I was thinking after seeing the FF news about another FF exlcusive game, maybe MS should reclaim Mass Effect as a Xbox exclusive and do the same thing, that would be pretty big. Could you just imagine a next gen Mass Effect game that isn’t rushed like the last one and is a next gen title.

Im sure EA is in no rush to sell at all after this remaster trilogy and ME4 sometime this gen.

But I do wish SOMEONE tries to make a game in scope and tone to Mass Effect. Dont care if its xbox or sony or anybody else.

2 Likes

No I’m not saying MS should buy EA or the IP lol just pay a shit ton of cash like Sony is doing for FF. I think the relationship with EA and MS is pretty tight atm and being a “Xbox” exclusive doesn’t discount PC which is kinda big and would make it easier for a deal like that to happen.

I’m sure we’ll see it happen.

1 Like

I just wish xbox would fund SOMETHING new thats exclusive from some of the japanese publishers. Like how nintendo funds the bravely series from square.

2 Likes

Truly makes you think where tf these people got their info from, and that includes Matty too. He means well, but as he said yesterday this would be a big plot twist because he and many other reporters had heard differently than what Jason was saying. Well, Grubb is already on board. But I guess they’re never gonna tell us how they got the info so wrong.

I remember very well how Matty and others a few months back this year said that their sources claimed Starfield was absolutely planned for this year, things were looking good. Covid was already a thing, I doubt that it was the reason to move the game 1.5 years back.

Meh!

1 Like

I would love for Xbox to fund Wukong and have it being demoed at their E3 when it’s ready!

You can see they are throwing cash over that way, I don’t think we’ll get an exclusive well known IP from Japan because it is still a unknown for most there. You can see what MS doing though they are trying to warm up the Xbox playerbase to games from Japan by bringing stuff like Yakuza over into Game Pass and even getting a next gen version exclusive.

We got an exclusive period of the Scarlet Nexus demo, I know it’s not much but the fact a game like that is even launching on Xbox is pretty telling that they are trying harder this time around. If you want more games like that make sure you play every single one of them when they do come out because MS loves numbers and if they see people playing these games they’ll try even harder.

I completely forgot about how we’ve even got Dragon Quest / Builders on Xbox now too, Dragon Quest Builders 2 (which I love and have been playing A LOT of) in Game Pass day 1 was amazing. They will keep doing this sort of stuff, I do think we could see some exclusive games from Japan and I even think we’ll get a Xbox Game Studio AAA Japanese studio.

@Staffy Hey I read that you finished Psychonauts and wanted to know how you got on with the last level and your thoughts on it. It was the only level I had a tough time on but completed it when I played it on the One X. And yeah man I can’t wait for Psychonauts 2.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I think it was you that said this before about that level, right? It stuck in my mind all throughout the level that this was potentially something very challenging. Honestly it wasn’t too bad for me. It could have been way more annoying with the kid constantly getting into harms way, but it was alright.

But I DID have several deaths at the acrobatic part, I’m sure you know what I mean. But looking back on it, it wasn’t too bad. However, I did had to replay the whole level again to get all the figments and the vault, because sadly after I completed the story I couldn’t go back to the finished doors. I somehow expected we could.

The level itself was cool, how you work your way up there and then the bosses and the acrobatic part, definitely well done. Not my favorite level though, that goes to Milkman.

Reading that interview of Schafer how every level in 2 will be unique just sounds so good. They already are in 1, but with a bigger budget, more time I think we’re in for a treat!

Yeah, it wasn’t a bad level in any way it was just different to the rest of the game and a big spike in difficulty, It was where I stopped years ago but so glad I returned to it.

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely get that.

The whole game before that is just perfectly doable, not hard or anything, neither are the boss fights and I don’t mind that at all. Meat Circus definitely was a spike, yep. It kinda reminded me in a way of Ico. Man I hated how those shadow creatures would always grab the girl, lol.

1 Like

@Daniel actually gonna try with Ori lol

1 Like

Although FF sells a lot more than ME does of course, I still feel as if EA would charge MS way, way more for an console exclusive of ME than SE charges Sony, and even though MS would easily be able to afford the price tag, they might decline on principle if the price is above their internal limit for those kinds of deals. It would be another power move though.

Yeah but the thing is it won’t be exclusive to 1 platform like FF is and PC is a huge market that has a big play in it, there will always be more players on Xbox Series X|S + PC combined than PS5 and MS will use this to their advantage it’s why they went so hard to make PC seem like an extension to Xbox. I’m not saying it won’t be expensive but I doubt it would be something massively more expansive than FF because of the stated above.

Better idea: make it a gamepass day one would take that rather than a timed exclusive.

4 Likes

After seeing starfield trending I think bethesda have a lot of pressure
1-Fallout 76 received very bad
2-This is a new ip
3-Playstation attackers will attack it because its only xbox exclusive
4-They will have a Competitors studios like obsidian with a big budget ( avowed) and people will compare it with beatheda biggest franchise
5- xbox leaders needs it be great to push gampass and xbox
Best wishes for the bethesda team

Yoo heads up I discovered a huge loop hole for par time achievements on MCC

#6 ) it launches on gamepass in November 2022 which has 48 million subscribers at that point. 30 million players week 1 projected to reach 100m over the next 5 years. No one cares what embittered PlayStation fans think about it.

5 Likes

Do tell

If you start missions on Charlie point and are quick enough you get the achievement