Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

What do we think Fallout Worlds will be?

Itā€™s likely related to the Fall update of FO76 (Private worlds with customizable settings, bigger budgets, etc. and probably mods too).

Someone needs to update the Initiativeā€™s website lolā€¦ not even one mention of the perfect dark announcement and last piece of news posted is from June 2018.

Also Drew Murray is still one of the pictures haha

3 Likes

I think Phil has been frustrated with the entire process of creating the Initiativeā€¦ lmao.

He mentioned recently how hard it is to build a studio from the ground up and they will likely never do it again.

2 Likes

Even moreso when you newly formed studio is filled with high profile hires from around the industry.

Drew leaving for his mental health, then rejoining Insomniac at a lower position probably put a lot of pressure on The Initiative and a big spotlight on the way talent can change hands in the industry.

Building a studio just takes too much time and a lot can wrong.

3 Likes

I donā€™t care about the Metal Gear Series, but I really want this to happen, just for theā€¦

:grin:

5 Likes

Is Tokyo Ghostwire still releasing this year? Soā€¦ just looking at XGS output in generalā€¦

• Arkane - Death Loop

• Tango - Ghostwire

• Obsidian - Grounded 1.0

• 343i - Halo Infinite

• Playground - Forza Horizon 5

• XGSP - Flight Simulator

• Double Fine - Psychonauts 2

If you count DLC:

• Rare - Pirates if the Caribbean expansion

• Undead Lab - New content for SoD2

• 343i again - MCC new season

Lol thatā€™s nuts.

6 Likes

Sometimes The Outer Worldsā€™ art style looks so beautiful. So hyped for The Outer Worlds 2 with full MS backing. :smiling_imp:

22 Likes

Are they in trouble? Seems like no one cares anymore, is there anyone left at the studio?

/s

3 Likes

They nailed the aesthetic. Itā€™s a gorgeous game. :heart_eyes:

Seems they just need to hire a decent web designerā€¦ lol

Indeed, hehe. Wonder why that is often neglected? Itā€™s like a shop window of olden times, it should look nice and inviting.

1 Like

and some people wanted to kill this franchise off crazy

3 Likes

Primarily of course it was the folks who want FO: NV 2 within 4 years IMO.

1 Like

Was watching a brief clip of Josh Sawyerā€™s streamā€¦ and he says heā€™s played Avowed. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

My hype is still immeasurable for that IP.

2 Likes

Yep, if there was a choice between those twoā€¦ sorry TOW but FNV it is.

3 Likes

Iā€™m keeping updated a list of whatā€™s releasing this year from Xbox.

Big unknowns are Grounded and Ghostwire Tokyo (initially planned for 2021 but still no release date)

3 Likes

Yeah i highly doubt grounded will hit 1.0 this year, They still seem like they have a LOT of things they want to add.

1 Like

I doubt about Ghostwire Tokyo too.

It was planned for October in the Sonyā€™s CES 2021 video presentation from last January (before it was deleted) but I feel like the Japanese gaming industry have been hit harder by COVID (but maybe thatā€™s just an impression) so I would not be surprised if it gets delayed ultimately.

2 Likes