Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Yeah, the constant drama around it is exhausting.

2 Likes

You should have replied to Senua in first place… Not me dude :person_shrugging:

Opencritic >>>>> Metacritic

1 Like

Opencritic has the same fundamental issues as MC IMO.

2 Likes

how can we ignore metacritic when one of the console creators uses it (see recent sony slides) (/s, though I thought that was obvious)

1 Like

Yes but still immediately better because XboxEra reviews on it. Plus no separation of platforms.

2 Likes

Just take the red pill and set yourself free, take the blue pill to remain a slave to reviews.

3 Likes

With that sort of logic, we should use something because others use it?

It’s really quite easy. You just don’t use it at all.

Anyone interested in attending the next Wing Bowl so we can break the record for the most amount of people using xcloud in a room together?

I didn’t think the /s was necessary, but I have added it.

I don’t think I have ever used meta to decide if I will buy a game

1 Like

Yep, 2014 is a good example of this. In the year that Tropical Freeze, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, The Evil Within, Bayonetta 2 and Wolfenstein: TNO came out games like Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age: Inquisition got the most GOTY awards. :phil_lmao:

1 Like

I like Open Critic better than Meta Critic but Xbox Era’s review isn’t counted into the overall average score. If you look, it says “top critic average” so any site/magazine/reviewer that isn’t listed as a “top critic”, the score isn’t factored into the overall score.

I think both OC and MC have stupid shit. OC should not have the “top critic” bullshit while MC shouldn’t have weighted reviews or have the game separated by platform.

Me too. In the last 15 years, my personal GOTY lines up with the overall GOTY only 4 times.

1 Like

Really? Well fuck.

As far as I know, that’s how it works because if not, there’s no reason to have “top critic average” listed under the overall score.

Indeed.

No one should ever forget the following fact related to GOTY awards. The 2020 PlayStation GOTY was delisted from their own store in 2021. :eyes:

Good stuff.

What does this have to do with Gamers though? Meta has been around since the 90’s but it’s never been really talked about in gaming circles at all until fairly recently.

Which means gamers were doing just fine without it being mentioned. My biggest issue is how people love to use it as some infallible barometer of quality. Remember reading something about certain publishers withholding bonuses if the score is too low or something to that effect.

3 Likes

Really? Such a shame, I wish websites just wouldn’t do this. Fucking explain what the game is like, what’s new and leave the story alone, damn. Glad as hell I didn’t read any of them.

Kinda a shame that happened. Even more glad now that I fast forwarded that part. Going in fresh is the very best.

The game isn’t even out for another month and a half. Why are people being weird and getting angry about things that haven’t happened, let alone are generally opinions anyhow?

I’m going to play the crap out of Psychonauts 2 whenever it comes out, regardless of the scores. I’m pretty confident that it’ll be great after the time and passion DF has put into it.

2 Likes
3 Likes

What happened to the rest of the list?

Hopes Dragon Quest Heroes on the list <3