Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I am kinda suprised we havent heard a peep out of that game in a long time, Figured it wouldve gotten a public delay announcement back when deathloop got delayed

We will probably see the game at the next Playstationā€™s event. Or at Quakecon but less likely.

Game Pass is the CURE

4 Likes
4 Likes

Wonder which part they ended up in.

10 Likes

I hope they show up at next yearā€™s E3.

We talked about the Ryan podcast but I donā€™t think we talked about this?

https://www-gamesradar-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/xbox-boss-says-avowed-is-very-different-from-elder-scrolls-6/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#aoh=16254088927696&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamesradar.com%2Fxbox-boss-says-avowed-is-very-different-from-elder-scrolls-6%2F

ā€œI think the games are very different, so maybe I struggle a little bit to say thatā€™s our version of this, just knowing what [Obsidian studio head Feargus Urquhart] and the team are going off to do,ā€ Spencer answered. ā€œBut when I think about our lineup, and I think about that more core fantasy RPG setting, I think Avowed is gonna be an awesome entrance there.ā€

Spencer compared Avowedā€™s place in the lineup to Fable, which has always been ā€œa little more light-hearted, and a little more British,ā€ and which he thinks Playground will continue with Fable 4. And whenever Elder Scrolls 6 does finally come out, Spencer of course believes ā€œitā€™s gonna be incredible.ā€

"

I think Avowed, from just a core fantasy-based RPG, thereā€™s gonna be some distinct differences with what Elder Scrolls has done traditionally, this one obviously takes place in the Pillars world and stuff [ā€¦] I think Avowed is gonna be fantastic when it comes out, and I want to give them the time and resources to build the most amazing game theyā€™ve ever built," Spencer added.

8 Likes
15 Likes

Forza Horizon 5 will do huge numbers, its only drawback imo itā€™s the pricing in EU, MS charges 70ā‚¬ on Steam which is a console price here (before Sony, T2, Activision and EA had the genius 80ā‚¬ idea), itā€™s no wonder that now during summer sale Fh4 is being huge. I think MS is way of charging less on Steam than on its own store, which also offer cross-buy with Xbox.

Sumo Digital would be a great option for a new Banjo.

9 Likes

They apparently did a very good job with sackboy adventure, and they have a pretty solid track record

1 Like

Damn Forza Horizon 4 is in the top 10 twice with the standard edition and ultimate edition, pretty amazing for just a ā€œcarā€ game even more so on PC imo. This continues to prove that Microsoft has made the right move and people who didnā€™t like it or think it was a bad move look silly.

3 Likes

Avowed being very different from ES 6 is a very excited thing to hear, I canā€™t wait to see what would make Phil say that. I would imagine that choice and consequences will matter a lot more in terms of world reactivity.

One thing that I think is kind of unfortunate on this board right now is that statements like these generate very little discussion whereas possible acquisitions, lies from PlayStation partisans or the revival of long dormant franchises are talked up non stop.

I agree I donā€™t want all the RPGs to feel the same, Fable can be the light hearted, funny, fantasy. While Avowed could be a more serious fantasy RPG with unique twists that seperates it from ES. I would love if it Avowed could go down the Diablo route.

Avowed - Diablo style

Fable - Witcher style but in the Fable world with the british humour

ES - Just like ES does haha

I think all 3 would feel extremely different from each other which would be best imo. Tell me if you think Iā€™m off base haha.

Iā€™m fine with Elder Scrolls and Avowed being similar, they arenā€™t releasing these games every year or anything.

2 Likes

If you mean Diablo style in gameplay, that would probably make me cry an ocean of tears of sadness and despair.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point, I still just want a Diablo like game :smiley: thereā€™s also TOW2 which slots in there. I could see them easily trying to work out all these games fitting into some sort of cadence in future. Obviously not forced as in push the game out because it was due in X year but more spreading them out, for example;

Year 1: The Outer Worlds

Year 2: Fable

Year 3: Avowed

Year 4: Elder Scrolls

Year 5: Fallout

Year 6: Starfield

Thatā€™s kinda crazy putting it out like that.

lol I loved Diablo and would love an Xbox version of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Project Dragon will be a diablo like gameā€¦ procedural dungeons, loot system etc.

5 Likes

No, they wouldnā€™t be great. They wouldnā€™t even good.

Bluepoint Games or Activision remake studios would be perfect for that, but we know itā€™s not possible unfortunately.