Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

They’re only to give a specific release date if they’ve absolute confidence on it meeting that timeframe as well.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good gods man! That room is a place of beauty… definitely makes my in-progress pod booth/closet look pathetic lol.

2 Likes

Microsoft $$$ coming in handy haha, that’s another thing we don’t really think about. These studios MS bought probably all got cool tech upgrades and the things they really needed but couldn’t afford.

3 Likes

I really hope Starfield takes full advantage of Xbox Series X|S hardware. I want an RPG from Bethesda that requires SSD storage so that we don’t have to deal with ridiculously long loading screens, nor hold the world back because of the old hardware.

Gigantic open world RPGs should not be held back by the Octa Core 1.75 GHz AMD Jaguar

3 Likes

Fallout 76 loads me in like 3 seconds and the fast travel takes about that too lol.

I want to understand what they meant by this

Boasting about how great the SSD is for virtual RAM? Let’s see a game fully take advantage of this supposed hardware advantage the next generation has.

They talked about how “We have hundreds of people across both our first party studios as well as our third party studios working on those next generation experiences today.” I’m ready to see these large open worlds, let’s see them this e3. I want to see what these massive improvements 343 industries have said they’ve done for Halo Infinite really look like with new gameplay.

lol

yeps, helps growing the studio.

2 Likes

After this “delay” I’m sure it will.

The game is being polished for PC and Xbox only, if the game is launching in 2022, I expect XVA and SFS enabled for this game, maybe even Super Resolution.

If you watched this year’s Gamestack, you’d see how hard MS is pushing for the adoption of DX12U and it’s capabilities. Their first-party studios are required to use the juice from the new consoles, of course games that are almost ready to launch aren’t going to see most of these new features.

The first thing people think when a first-party game is announced is exclusivity, the first thing I think is potential. I know that the game will try to push the hardware o it’s limits. I’m sure that studios like: Turn 10, Playground, The coalition, Bethesda, ID, 343i and Ninja Theory are going to be on the forefront of tech and engine features.

1 Like

Clearly, I did a disservice by calling The Riftbreaker a ‘small’ game - the mix of genres (base building, action RPG) got me interested. Plus, it looks great and polished visually.

3 Likes

:chief_think: https://twitter.com/vicious696/status/1395724554169769992?s=20

2 Likes

Will be perfect to wait until E3 ! More inXile goodness

4 Likes

Matt Booty on XGS games : COVID impacted original creations more than sequels (that was known but always interesting to note)

1 Like
4 Likes

Yeah, but is it better than Proven’s?

…We’ll never know

I mean… that’s a given :joy:

17 Likes

Psychonauts man, I wish I could rediscover it again because I want more, much more. I loved it.

When looking at 3D platformers and I’ve played many, story wise it eats them all up. Level design probably too. Some of these levels are so incredibly well thought out, so well made, it’s crazy. As much as I love BK, those levels are pretty standard, Psychonauts is in another league when it comes to that. The platforming itself may not necessarily beat the others, but it’s probably just as good and fun.

I also forgot that Tim Schafer actually is responsible for amazing adventure games like Grim Fandango and the several LucasArts adventure games. Man I just cannot wait for Psychonauts 2 to release!

Going to watch the VR game now.

1 Like

This is how the Bethesda part should start, you waking up from cryosleep on a ship in Starfield “Finally awake huh, took us some time but we’re finally here” shows planet through window…

Why’s he doing this?