Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I understand that, but covid is not the jack of all trades for every Xbox problem, it was a factor for every company.

MS behaviour is often unfathomable, I stopped trying to find the reason for every strange behaviour many years ago.

My point is that we Xbox fans expect a more proactive marketing/show planning, the hype machine must be nourished, the gaming industry is hype driven.

1 Like

I hope that this year we will have an X021. we will have Halo Infinite and more etc. a lot to discuss this year. :slightly_smiling_face:

Xbox Marketing been messed up before covid. Halo Infinite did not get delayed by covid (in some part maybe but wasnt the definitive factor), it got delayed because it wasnt up to standard.

The amount of shows that Xbox can do is dictated by the amount of content they have. They don’t have games yet so they don’t have shows.

Lets complain about an E3 centric approach when they are pumping put games on a quarterly basis.

3 Likes
4 Likes

They gonna announce a specific date in June of 2021 for late 2022? Nah, must be earlier.

9 Likes

I would tend to agree with you. I honestly, don’t want to see gameplay until a few months before release as then I know what I am seeing is somewhat near final. that way I can reasonably set my expectations as to what I’m getting.

So often we get a vertical slice or something which is interesting but almost never a true representation of what we are going to get. Ive never minded a cg trailer. As that generally tells me all I need to know. General theme, style, setting, type of game, etc.

2 Likes

idk about it. it may have other reasons. but the pandemic messed up the Xbox and 343 a lot.

I think so. but i think they are improving. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It will be just that, a rough time frame which they did with Halo Infinite in 2019.

It might be a date with significance to the Starfield universe. Like 11/20/22 was the day space exploration began or something like that.

True, I guess no matter when it is it’ll be nice to have a date.

I’ll believe when I see it…

If they plan on showing a specific date… hard doubt on a late 2022 release.

It would be in complete contradiction to what Todd has said.

No lets not use covid to cover “a lot” for 343 even if there maybe some overlap at some point last year. The mismanagement is known at this point and the “build while we make” approach led to what Infinite was last year.

Ill be very surprised if they hold Starfield hostage for 17 months after E3 but oh well. Whats waiting another year gonna do to me at this point.

1 Like

Yeah, my guess would be an ‘end of Q2’ 2022 release.

On a slight tangent - is it just me or is Xbox announcing some of the smaller GP Day 1 releases (see The Riftbreaker) now and making way for bigger GP announcements at E3? Just being cautiously optimistic for now.

New Game Pass banner?? like I said previously in here from that source

From the source

While the “World Exclusive” bumper has become synonymous with Xbox Press Conferences, don’t be shocked if it goes away in favor of a new more subtle “Game Pass” bumper when possible, more than just the old Game Pass “pop up” in years prior

9 Likes

The good thing with this generation is that no matter how light the first party output is up front, MS has kept me whole by making third party content deals for Game Pass.

If 2022 is looking dull, that just means they’ll be making more and larger deals to make up for it.

3 Likes

I think this is going to be their best bet when they know they don’t have anything, spend a couple 100m on a few big games and those will feel like “exclusives” in a way to tie people over. Starfield being a 2022 game is probably the reason why BF6 is rumoured to come to Game Pass day 1.

5 Likes

Its the Xbox version of a timed exclusive but doesn’t play out as well on Twitter or list wars.

1 Like

I don’t think they showed Infinite as a final product. There was stuff that needed to be added even with its expected release date at the time. The plan seemed to be release the cross gen version at launch and then the next gen update later. The backlash just gave them an excuse to delay it, more so than they didn’t have something to release IMO.