Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Only if you’re on a mountain, or in a desert area at night…and even then, you’re in a car

Mexico’s average temp in the winter months is 70 degrees

1 Like

NT making steady progress with their staff count over the past couple of years. I think they were around 100 people when Microsoft purchased them and also confirmation that like the other UK studios they are in a hybrid work mode atm .

2 Likes

Didn’t know this team has grown to 150 :+1:

Currently playing Hellblade and enjoying it. Can’t wait to see how they step up with Hellblade 2.

1 Like

Yeah, I feel like the typical way we think about about release schedules and spreading releases out for big, or similiar titles, simply does not apply to Gamepass

I feel like they would have two main focuses on their first party stuff…

• First, make sure to give it the time it needs so it’s as good as it can be when it drops

• Second, as soon as it is, you drop that shit in to gamepass ASAP. Doesn’t matter what quarter; what month; what else is coming out. Aside being maybe the same week, maybe two weeks, okay, avoid THAT, but short of that, go for it

The idea is getting as much great stuff in to gamepass as soon as possible. It helps keep the subscribers you have and more importantly, it’s the best way to draw in anyone still on the fence. And it will also sell consoles, which will sell peripherals and games not on the service. And of course microtransactions within all the games, Gamepass, or paid for.

Does anyone really think if say they have two highly anticipated AAA firsty party games ready to release in a close window, they will arbitrailly hold one off, for months, to maximize the games sales potential…instead of doppring them both close together and being able to massively bolster Gamepass and enable them to sell more subs and Xbox’s?

Think Outer Space GIF by NASA

1 Like

Double Fine released yet another Psychonauts 2 video, this time about accessibility. That’s the second video within a week, good stuff. I don’t watch it though because I really don’t want to see any more levels or features or whatsoever. Basically I want to go in blind, as much as possible.

Fwiw, they only go through the settings available in the menu and don’t show any additional gameplay footage.

Hmmm, that’s good to know. But that other video contains footage I heard. It’s just that I enjoyed the first so much that I want it all to surprise me in 2.

I saw that the VR game is a sequel to Psychonauts 1, I’ll go watch a playthrough of that so that I will be fully up to date once 2 arrives.

1 Like

I think not.

we’ll see. :slightly_smiling_face:

After all that stuff Jeff said, but also Matty and I think Colt, Jez, Rand too about at least getting Starfield gameplay at E3, seeing the game, it would be yet another fucking blow if what Jason said about just a teaser is true too. Three years after that teaser and then we’d get another one? At that point I would just say wait for E3 2022 really.

Everything Jason said is very, very un-Bethesda.

2 Likes

This e3 is probably going to be very focused on putting Halo Infinite back into the spotlight. The amount of hype for that game just two years ago when I was at Halo Outpost Discovery was intense. It feels like a lot of people made up their mind already that Halo Infinite is going to be very mid, perhaps 343 industries might blow us out of the water with the graphics overhaul to remind people that Halo is king? :wink:

as an example other than Craig, the game just looked very flat. Almost like something out of a double A video game or Halo 5 forge.

Looks a lot better now but we need to see it in motion. 4k 60fps lets do it 343. I want to feel excited again. I don’t even think about Halo Infinite anymore, I have to remind myself sometimes that its releasing this holiday.

7 Likes

I mean, if we get another CGI teaser… the reaction will not be good. it will be disappointing. but i prefer to wait for official information. E3 2021 is very close. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Microsoft should come back to Gamescom. Any showing after e3 2015 was just a glorified Inside Xbox showcase.

IGN Live Presents: Microsoft Press Conference - Gamescom 2015 - YouTube

One of their last all in on exclusives conference I remember.

4 Likes

Last year not even that, MS bailed Gamescom altogether outside 1-2 small-mid tier trailers inside the Keighley show. It’s clear they had not enough content for the near future from 1st party, the first 7-8 months of XS show it (fortunately they are leagues ahead in terms of cross-gen and patch support)

Yeah I definitely thought it was around 130.didn’t think they’d grow this fast.

It’s not fair to the European studios and fans.

Also the XO events should’ve been much better but they aren’t. XO is pretty lame, It’s a glorified Inside Xbox showcase just with fans yelling in the background chosen in some random location somewhere in the world. First year it was Mexico, next it was london. Then it was cancelled in 2020, not even a virtual event was held.

Their shows planning imo is a little outdated and centered at 90% on E3 and 10% on TGA. We’ll see after the pandemic how they’ll adjust their planning, with the biggest first party portfolio (Sony and Nintendo combined), imo it would be ludicrous if H1 of every years will stay devoid of shows like it has always been. Sony and Nintendo are really backwards minded companies, still they seem keeping up with the times more than MS in the marketing field.

4 Likes

They literally have no reason to not do any kind of showing in The Jan-April period.

1 Like

Halo Infinite was delayed days before Gamescom ONL… covid-19 messed up Xbox marketing a lot last year.

I think a reason why they stopped doing Gamescom is because of all the preparation and planning involved.

example: E3 they start planning year round since its a live showcase. Phil has to practice the script possibly a month or two before actually doing the show, even with the teleprompt being there. They have companies to negotiate with to determine what they’ll show etc.

It’s a huge event and it’s pretty much the only time where Matt Booty makes a public appearance. Then Microsoft goes silent other than the 9am on a monday breaking news headlines like Bethesda or Game Pass drops such as MLB the show.