Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Let’s ask him

Hey Parris. Why are you doing this?

I was just wondering what’s the point of posting that picture right after the bad news yesterday. As in, wondering if there’s more to it or not.

I’m actually curious too

Ah OK. Does he visit this forum too?

I’ll ask him on Twitter, can’t hurt.

Fun Conspiracy Theory: The info that JS and some others are receiving is really about the first expansion of Starfield and not the main game.

6 Likes

Lol

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s a joke because Jeff Grubb tweeted that something will happen to make the internet talk about Starfield again, then just posted “Starfield” the next day. I think is just joining in for lols

Psychonauts 2 looks awesome.

1 Like

They already used it in their Bethesda+Xbox (Weeknd) montage though.

I don’t believe anyone here can accurately make that assertion as no one here is fully in the know on what has actually transpired and if someone here is in know they probably aren’t going to speak up. So to disregard the impact or lack thereof would be a bold point to make with the limited knowledge we have publicly.

Secondly, until the game is actually released and you have physically paid some amount of money towards it they don’t owe you anything. Any issues they have had are irrelevant as they haven’t sold anything yet nor do they have any obligations to the end-user until they have a tangible product to sell. If any mismanagement has caused any issues we won’t know until the actual game is out for review and in the hands of consumers.

11 Likes

I saw that Jeff will talk about the game on his stream today. The Starfield discourse doesn’t end or something. Doubt it will be anything new. Wonder if he’s going to well…acknowledge or deny that some of his info was dead wrong.

Covid isn’t a cover, it is a generation-defining pandemic that has pushed back the entire world by years at this point. The game industry’s timelines were hit as hard as anywhere and you can safely assume that most games are a year or more delayed from where they would have been pre-pandemic.

13 Likes

I personally believe that Halo Infinite would likely not have been ready for launch even without COVID. I am also not a game developer though, so just my assumption.

3 Likes

i mean a full year delay should tell anyone that Covid is not only problem for HI

1 Like

Now I’m hyped.

1 Like

That was my point.

Sure I think Covid may had affected Infinite to some degree but Its not entirely the reason it got delayed.

no E3 shadow drop for Psychonauts 2 according to Grubb. Probably coming later in the summer.

The most telling aspect is how radio silent they were. The updates they’ve been giving lately are what you would expect going into launch year. Even before Covid hit there were opportunities to give these updates and they never came because the game probably just wasn’t ready. Peeps had to get their news fix from mega bloks toys.

1 Like

New day new talk on starfield …
21 days until e3