Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I am. TLOUP2 had the best animations I have seen in a game and Tsushima is arguably the most gorgeous open world game of last generation. So magine if they didn’t have any downgrades.

1 Like

That’s true. If the majority of content at a show contains gameplay demos or trailers that show a bit from the game mixed with either cutscene or CGI and some trailers are fully CGI, that’s OK. Hellblade 2 second CGI trailer definitely didn’t need pulling if they indeed end up having lots of gameplay. For a game still so far away a CGI trailer could give away some extra details we didn’t yet know.

3 Likes

Yeah, I would have loved a Hellblade 2 trailer… see the setting, a bit of the premise for the story, get an idea of the scope and just good old hype fuel.

1 Like

No worries, I’ll go back to mass effect now :joy:

1 Like

Ah. I was remembering the whole puddlegate thing but forgot how that ultimately played out. Ghost and TLOU definitely were but still looked phenomenal.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder how those games would look on proper hardware…

:wink:

2 Likes

No there are tons of us, we’re probably in the majority, it just doesn’t seem like it because the ones who can’t loudly and repeatedly talking about how they can’t.

5 Likes

Zero issues with CG trailers here

7 Likes

Phew, yeah I suspect you are right.

No they didn’t Sony canceled games like Deep down And PT as well as games like The last guardian, and days gone and street fighter 5 didn’t meet most fans standards for the amount of hype they got and very divisive games like death stranding and tlou2 They could afford misses like this due to hits like Gow and Spiderman and bloodborne and their competition failing They could also afford to announced things so early because of their competition not having anything as well. Xbox doesn’t have this luxury Sony has more games ready for the next year, I thought Xbox only needed to survive until halo infinite and starfield but now it seems their games are pushed back even further so it looks like 2023 is the real year things gets started when we all thought it was 2022

Do you not remember puddle-gate?

EDIT: Damn, I thought this was Community Thread and not an Xbox Studios thread. So to get back on topic…

With that said, it’s certainly nothing that Microsoft would have been able to go through unscathed. So I can understand if Microsoft doesn’t want to show more CGI Trailers.

1 Like

I think we will still get one or two CGI trailers for the like Omen and Typhoon, but certainly no more than that I reckon. The vast majority of games there will have gameplay shown.

Yup you just need balance with CGI trailers and gameplay for E3

I prefer CGI reveal trailers over gameplay when these are done right. Like Deus Ex HR / MD, Perfect Dark or Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order did (not sure about Fallen Order, can’t remember if it’s CGI or cutscenes or both). I think that the Deus Ex one is the best CGI trailer I ever saw. It’s CGI but it’s lenghty (5 minutes), has an epic music, sets the tone, the characters and the story very well, hints at gameplay mechanics and abilities, etc. Also loved the Hellblade 2 one.

Problem with the July Showcase was that most of the CGI trailers (Fable, Avowed, State of Decay 3, Forza Motorsports…) were too short (1 minute most of the time) and felt more like super logo reveals than a proper reveal trailer. You know the game exists but not much more.

8 Likes

Pffeww…I was worried for a sec. Ty for that title. I’m not sure it will stop though. :joy:

The thing is my hype level is at 4/10. I will try my best to keep it at that until E3. So i won’t be disappointed.

If you expect a regular Xbox E3, you’ll probably never be disappointed. :doge:

I’ll be happy with more GP games at this point. New game announcements will be the cherry on top for me. I think that is the most reasonable mindset to have right now.

FH5 and Halo are locked, so it won’t be a bad show.

2 Likes

I agree, the only time I dont really like CGI trailers is when they are trying to ape the actual game. I actually really like CGI reveal trailers like the perfect dark one, it really sets the scene for what to expect and look forward to

2 Likes

Idk why all the doom n gloom about e3

• halo rereveal and multiplayer shown for the first time
  • forza horizon 5 shown in-depth
  • starfield gameplay shown
  • wolfenstien 3 gameplay
  • project omen reveal, but probably story trailer or cgi
  • typhoon game reveal cinematics or cgi

That’s a great showing, and a healthy amount of cgi. Focus on the stuff coming out this year or next. Zero need to show stuff from 2023. IMO if gameplay looks good this will be Xbox’s best e3 ever, even without fable, avowed, everwild, Hellblade, perfect dark.

2 Likes

FH5 is not guaranteed yet, and Wolfenstein 3? I don’t think any insiders have said anything about this.

That’s a pretty decent list and sprinkle some 3rd party marketing deal or gamepass deals and yo have a solid show imo. I think the only downside about Microsoft is they have loose lips and they seem to always have their shows spoiled, so there’s less Holy shoot moments.

both have been talked about by insiders, especially FH5 by basically all credible insiders.