Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

If this community wants to cancel the mother of all FPS i think i have to leave.

:rofl:

i think in Wolfenstein II there exist some mods to remove the head bopping.

5 Likes

malcom tucker GIF

/s

The new wolfenstien main line games are some of my favorite fps ever. The sequel was of the only games I broke my no pre order rule for last gen because I loved the first one that much. Youngbloods I didnā€™t care for though

3 Likes

Halo aside, Iā€™m not really into FPS games, but Wolfenstein TNO & 2 are awesome fun. Itā€™s definitely a franchise worth keeping alive.

1 Like

I never really enjoyed the gunplay in new Wolfenstein. Of course itā€™s always cool to mow down a bunch of goddam nazis but I actually thought the moment to moment gunplay was quite poorly designed.

For me the best aspects of those games were the characters, storytelling & soundtracks, which were excellent & kept me going.

Iā€™m not a huge FPS fan in general though. I find it to be largely a dull, uninspired genre outside of obvious standouts like Halo (which stands head & shoulders above every other FPS) & Destiny (which had incredible gunplay but major problems in other areas). FPS offshoots like Immersive Sims are much more my kind of thing. Give me Arkane over id or Machine, any day of the week.

Actually just completed Wolfenstein 2 last night. I didnā€™t like the first one but the 2nd is probably now my favourite FPS of all time.

Itā€™s just really funny.

Loved the graphics as well. But the guns do take a lot of space on screen.

Donā€™t forget the recent hot take that id should make the next Quake 3rd person because Xbox has too many FPS games. :laughing:

About the MachineGames Wolfenstein titles, I loved all of them (The Old Blood is excellent as well and often overlooked!) except Youngblood. Great first person shooters with very good gameplay (dat lean though), awesome story and very likable and fun characters. I guess I am lucky that minuscule technical problems donā€™t ever stop me from enjoying great videogames.

3 Likes

ForzaTech :heart:

16 Likes

Really interested how it will turn out with Fable. I was sceptical beforehand due to whether the engine would be able to render detail on the small scale and not just large but Horizon 5 just blew that out of the water.

1 Like

The engine is not even fully optimized for the new consoles yet, Fable is going to see that optimization first-hand.

2 Likes

Playground are wizards. Fable is going to melt eyeballs.

Also props to Turn 10 since it is their engine lol.

3 Likes

i think Forza Motorsport will surprise more :slightly_smiling_face:. this game will only be next-gen and itā€™s the studio that makes the engine.

1 Like

Forza Motorsport in engine trailer blows out of the water anything weā€™ve seen in any game outside the incredible Flight Simulator, Turn10 never shipped a bad game or nothing short of outstanding in terms of technical prowess.

Finally finished Hivebuster last night, and wow that game visuals were amazing and playing with headphones with atmos was a great experience. I think I might try to play more games with headphones on. Also unsure if itā€™s a hot take, but I found Hivebuster campaign to flow much better than Gears 5, and Gears 5 took a hit for me due to the unneeded open world structure. Meanwhile, Hivebusters felt more like a classic Gears campaign, and I def wish it was longer because game was like 2-3 hours.

Anyways, I hope Gears 6 take a more hivebuster like approach to the campaign rather than gears 5, and I did like Scorpio squad and want more of their story.

5 Likes

I liked the open world sections of Gears 5, imo itā€™s only the tip of the iceberg of what they can do on a next gen title, they can expand that so much.

1 Like

I am indifferent like I felt they took a chance with it, but it did feel empty exploring their open world. I think if they want to continue with it they need to make sure it flows better because I felt it ruined the flow of the campaign tbh. I think with Gears I prefer a more linear approach like hivebusters rather than exploration of 5

Iā€™m sure they have all the telemetry data which show them if people left the game because of the open world sections or if people liked the side missions approach. I think that also the ā€œhub sectionsā€ (the village at the beginning of the ice chapter and the airport before the desert) can be expanded. I feel these was experiments for future games with less hardware constraints.

2 Likes

Hivebusters is very underrated, and one of the best looking games out! The Coalition is going to do some unholy shit with UE5!

6 Likes

Hype !

13 Likes

Talking about DOOM (Eternal), the update is live: 57.8 GB in Series X.

5 Likes