Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Like I said its unlikely

lol! Only way that happens is if Playground is hiding a special single player mode you can get out of the car switch to third person over the shoulder camera and walk slowly through the forest with some form of morality pet in tow.

9 Likes
6 Likes

Hmmā€¦ interesting.

Phil mentioned that he had a in-depth discussion with Marty Stratton (ID studio head) last week as well.

4 Likes

Itā€™s only an ā€œMā€ rating though. Surely Quake or Wolf 3 would of copped a higher classification. After M we have MA15+ and then R18+ in Australia. Doom Eternal was R18+ for comparison sake

For f**ks sakeā€¦ Got back into Wolfenstein TNO after a few years have passed since I dropped it mid way though. Couldnā€™t remember whyā€¦

Played 5 minutes and got so f***ing motion sick I almost puked. Now I remember why I didnā€™t finish itā€¦

Wth is up with the headbobbing, super low FOV, screenbobbing (wtf?) and close up weapons? And there is no settings to adjust eitherā€¦ Jfc, itā€™s like a crappy indie game. Horrible and awful.

This moved me a bit further into Team 3rd person tbh, yikes. Does it get better in the sequels?

It doesnā€™t. No offence to anyone but that series just screams mediocrity.

Wouldnā€™t mind them shelfing it to work full stop on the Indiana game

2 Likes

I thought the second game was too campy. BJā€™s monologuing is absolutely poetic, though. Iā€™d be fine with it being shelved as well.

Yeahā€¦ itā€™s REALLY bad. Not even settings to get rid of the crap? Cā€™monā€¦ I really wanted to play through these games. I really hope Indy is a 3rd person game now.

Iā€™m super disappointed right now, damnit.

1 Like

Jonah Hill Reaction GIF

11 Likes

Well, I like the premise and the story, but apart from really bad indie fpsā€™s I never have to turn it off not to vomit. No settings at all? Who likes this? Itā€™s like playing a Cloverfieldesque drunk sim.

Maybe I can power through it on a phoneā€¦ wonder if theyā€™re available in xCloud? Edit: TNO and Old Blood is.

I really enjoyed Wolfenstein: The New Order and itā€™s still the best of the four games. I still want Wolfenstein 3 because I want the series to conclude and donā€™t want to wait years and years to get the conclusion.

As for Indiana Jones, it should be 100% third person. If not, just a waste of the license in my opinion.

2 Likes

Hell yeah. Anyone who wants that kind of fps in an Indy game is, apologies in advance, a moron.

2 Likes

First time Ive read people complain about shooting in Wolfenstein which is fast, frenetic and fun lol.

7 Likes

Wolfenstein TNO is in my top 3 FPS gamesā€¦

(Backs away slowly)

1 Like

Nothing wrong with the shooting or the speed. Itā€™s the freaking headbobbing, supersuperlow FOV+weapons too close and some weird ass camerabobbing/shaking with movements.

Itā€™s like sitting inside a small box looking out a window, whilst in a dryer jumping around. I guess some people enjoy thatā€¦ but there are no way to turn that shit off. No settings at all pretty much, disappointing af.

1 Like

I liked the first wolfenstein game, but didnā€™t like the 2nd one as much, and I hear young blood wasnā€™t that good

Doubt this helps you but on pc you can use a console command to disable the head motion. Fov might be a menu setting on pc but is definitely tweakable (canā€™t remember if it also requires command line / mods).

I like the bob in shooters but it doesnā€™t make me sick

Yeah itā€™s awesome. I do agree more accessability features would help though. TNO font is tiny on consoles itā€™s hilarious. My gf could barely read anything in the bud or subtitles when she played on xbox.

Maybe theyā€™ll do a remaster at some point, I canā€™t imagine them actually going back and patching 2014/2015 games now.