Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I can actually see Xbox holding games for a month maybe two due to timing for Game Pass but that’s about it really.

1 Like

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

There’s your Holiday lineup

1 Like

From what’s been reported, the game is no way near being finished. So I dont think theyll holding anything.

The only person that has said that was Jason and he really didn’t say anything new while everyone else has reported the contrary …

Factor in covid for Avowed as well

1 Like

Amazing how you’re doubling down on Starfirld coming anytime soon when its obvious to all it’s not coming until at least Nov 2022

Yeah. That’d be good.

Ultimately, if Starfield needs the year, take it. It will help its GOTY chances at a minimum but there is also the law of diminishing returns in play. Is the holiday sales boost and 4 extra months of polish worth a more barren H1 2022 (if it is barren)? Depends a ton on the state of the game. Halo was bumped because hooo boy was it not ready for Prime Time.

Holiday 2023 for Avowed

It’s funny though, we now have so many first party games to look forward to that it’s hard to keep track of all of them.

We are still in the desert, which sucks, but we can see an oasis on the horizon. And it’s not a mirage.

6 Likes

Also Morrowind was May.

3 Likes

Covid’s effect on Avowed I’m not quite sure of since the target was during Covid and late stage QA and Polish may be far easier next year than this year. Depends on the VOC.

Other unknown factors too like how much Mocap is needed, experimentation mechanically vs. Outer Worlds, whether they jumped to UE5, etc.

Avowed like all games will be undeniably impacted by Covid, but the true impact atm is not as well defined as say the impact on Infinite and Hellblade 2.

Was Proven even born then? :wink:

3 Likes

man all i’m asking is roadmap for next 12 months in every E3 or big show going forward, it’s silly we are guessing release date for games and even near to to be released games

1 Like

It’s amazing how, despite how many others have suggested the timeline to be 2021 to early 2022, you’re so sure of yourself because of one person that you belittle others for following a line of thinking held by a majority of sources. I’m not going to argue beyond this and I’m sure the ego trip has made you a little overconfident, but I’m not going to go along with this fantasy that you know more than any of the people on this board, let alone sources that have had consistently correct information.

3 Likes

Haha, just barely.

1 Like

Just did some digging and Sony aside from the PS5 launch lineup of Miles and Demon Souls did not drop games for the Holidays during the PS4 era. Most of their games historically launched before E3 too.

Sony literally never held a game.

2 Likes

Roadmaps are a toughie due to the inevitability of announcing delays. I think its the sort of thing that the industry needs to start being more transparent about, like the film industry. I know release dates for movies 7 years from now but we don’t know even general years let alone windows for many upcoming titles. Delays are inevitable, how we react to them doesn’t have to be but that is something I suspect requires industry co-operation and consumer conditioning.

3 Likes

Yep, there are plenty of examples of very successful games launching outside the vaunted holiday season.

I think story only games(like hellblade 2) and not RPG ones should stay out of holidays.

yeah but the end all of this depends if studio able finish the game in planned time or nah

I thought we are far past the thinking that games can only be very successful if launched in the holiday period? We have so many examples of games that didn’t and went on to be massive sellers.

1 Like