Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I think Xbox is just missing out on Japanese fighting games because it seems the big ones have skipped xbox

Sony paid for exclusivity for SFV and KOF 14. Arcsys decided not to release xrd and strive for Xbox for whatever reason. And type lumina, the new melty blood game is coming to Xbox. It’s more a mixed bag.

2 Likes

Dam I want to have my hype for infinite in check, but I got to say that looks like the Halo I fell in love with

1 Like
8 Likes

You love to see it

Full halo segment in 4k pretty sure 343 doesn’t actually own this account could be totally wrong

Welcome to the forum.

I seriously doubt you would ever be banned or flagged for expressing your opinion respectfully, which you did.

I love third person action-adventure games too. Do I wish Xbox had more of them in the short-term pipeline? Of course. I like (some) Japanese games as well. I wish we had Persona 5 and Final Fantasy 7 Remastered right now, but we don’t.

However, I also recognize that Xbox is working hard to get more games of all types - including Japanese games. We have some great ones in Game Pass right now with several more announced at the show. I’m going to start playing Yakuza Like a Dragon this week.

What we do have coming is an unbelievably good and diverse lineup of all types of games. The next few years will literally be the best time ever to own an Xbox. (Yes, even better than the height of the 360 generation - because we had to buy all the games then.)

I have no patience for “glass half empty” thinking when things are the best they have ever been. If you can’t find something to be excited about in the coming lineup then I would respectfully suggest you may have invested in the wrong ecosystem.

It’s perfectly fine to like what you like and want more of it. What is not ok is to act like a child on Christmas morning, surrounded by opened packages, but having a tantrum because you didn’t get the toy you wanted. I am not suggesting you are acting like this, but others did immediately after the e3 show (which is what the comments you quoted above were largely in response to).

4 Likes

Hey everybody! I don’t post much because I have 2 toddlers (including one with special needs who takes up most of my attention) and it’s hard to keep up with the flow of conversation.

That said I really enjoy reading along and absolutely loved the conference and am glad almost everyone else did as well. Even though I don’t engage much I feel like I know a bunch of you fine folks and am really excited about where Xbox is and am so excited to jump into all these great games coming up.

So excited for flight sim and Psychnauts 2 and Halo. Also Redfall looks amazing! Anyway thanks to you all for the entertainment, and hopefully someday I’ll be able to join in on the conversation more!

11 Likes

While it doesn’t upset me at all, the reason people hold 3rd person on a higher level is because of baked in opinions for the last 30 years. Third person games were, historically, the more multifaceted (Tomb Raider, GTA3 onwards, Spiderman2, Mario 64, Metal Gear Solid) while first person games were essentially just shooters (Doom, Medal of Honor, etc), so people over a certain age will naturally associate 3rd person with blockbusters, while first person is shooters.

As a community we even still call first person games FPS by default even when they’re not shooters, it should be FPP (first person perspective?) or FPG. The handful of first person non-shooters, like Dishonored, and walking sims like Call Of The Sea, are a tiny comparison to the 1st person games that are still shooters. It’s just how it is.

Anyway, not my hill to die on, just thought I’d add my understanding of why people naturally cling to 3rd person.

4 Likes

Japanese devs where obviously all hit pretty hard by Covid. None of them have to show anything big this E3 outside of Elden Ring. There was probably nothing Microsoft could include.

And I agree, Shredders looked awesome. Yes!

like what is this take? is counting too hard?

1 Like
1 Like

Jeff about Hellblade on Parris show

9 Likes

Excellent show on Sunday. :star_struck: The future looks really bright.

That said, I wonder what’s going on with MachineGames. It seems we now know all first party games to be released until mid to late 2022. So no Wolfenstein 3? I thought the game, if it actually exists, would be out in H1 2022.

Only games officially announced:

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Forza Horizon 5
  3. Perfect Dark
  4. Flight Simulator Xbox
  5. Everwild
  6. Deathloop
  7. Fable
  8. Hellblade 2
  9. Grounded 1.0
  10. Psychonauts 2
  1. Crossfire x 2022? 2.This has probably been said multiple times, but am I the only one who noticed that msft had this great a show without most of their “AAA bangers”(fable,avowed etc). The future is very bright!!!

I was also wondering about this one. At first, it was announced for late 2020… I was personnally sure it would be part of the show. A release this year seems compromised.

Halo, FH5 and Starfield are “AAA bangers” too :wink:, but I see what you mean. They still have a lot of rounds in stock!

1 Like

I can absolutely see that being the title screen or something very similar, with totally epic music playing .

Oh man, thinking of how next E3 will look with a deep dive by Todd for this game. It was glorious years ago with Fallout 4 and this is going to be beautiful, I so cannot wait for that moment.

Cannot wait to see Creation Engine 2 in action. Fallout 76 is dead drop gorgeous if thats any indication and thats a previous Engine version game.

1 Like

Imagine ES6…

2 Likes

Sounds like I really have to check out 76 one of these days. Barely gave it a chance really.

With BGS once they have shown something it’s very indicative of the full game. Oblivion goed too far back to remember, but the first Skyrim trailer had no trickery, game looked that way at launch. When Todd demoed it too.

And the same goes for Fallout 3 and 4. What we saw her was a in-game alpha teaser, so it might even look slightly better since this is alpha? But man, that spaceship from the inside and outside,SO detailed. The robot is awesome and it’s walking animation too, goed for the astronaut too. This could just be general animation, but maybe it looks that good in third person now too.

All around looks just awesome.

Is all this push for more 3rd Person games just unbridled desires for another entry in the Crackdown series?

7 Likes