Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

My guess on the Halo release date not being set is that they are waiting for other game pass deals to be finalized. If rumours of uplay, battlefield or dying light are to be believed then they will want to give them all space to breath.

None of those two games need game pass and Uplay shouldn’t affect Halo’s date at all.

I mean he was pretty spot on in regards to E3.

Okay fine, -2 fraud points.

Also somebody said it perfectly on OtherERA, this would have been a bigger story before.

Now after E3 and everything else, it’s just like “Okay whatever cool”

1 Like

Pretty sure that other people will have taken lead positions on the new expansions, including the Pirates of the Caribbean crossover thing.

Isn’t that what usually happens with expansions? For example, Tim Cain & Leonard Boyarsky weren’t lead directors on the expansions for The Outer Worlds. Carrie Patel & Megan Stark stepped up.

Don’t think that the people at Rare would just leave Sea of Thieves twisting in the wind. It’s become hugely popular for them & is in a great place.

We already had reports after last year’s Showcase that Rare still didn’t have any specific details what gameplay would be about. We only knew that it could TPP adventure game thanks to VGC reports around X019.

At least we know that the game it’s in good hands, Gregg was the guy behind of both sea of thieves and banjo kazooie

But SoT launched incredibly barebones, a mistake that hopefully will never be made again. But if the plan right now is to launch in 2024, that’s about 3.5 years of development, that’s a good amount of years. Let’s wait and see.

1 Like

They dont need game pass but MS are rumored to be trying to get them as Day One deals.

Uplay could also launch into service with a big title. MS are looking to space out Game Pass entries for maximum effect.

I think it’s Microsoft just wanting to make 343 and themselves feel comfortable, because the last time they gave a date they delayed it…

After already having the energy drinks, toys, Funko Pops, and Console boxes featuring the game promotively already on store shelves.

Pretty much. It’s highly unlikely to leave a significant hole in Xbox’s first party lineup, so it is a case of “that’s disappointing but take your time to make sure a good game is made.”

1 Like

Yep. It shouldn’t launch in 2018 as a full priced game. It should be…

launched as a early access for a year

or

launched in 2019 with all that things which they added through Anniversary Update

Fucking awesome isn’t it?

3 Likes

Apparently Phil was on CNBC with a new shelf and statements post E3.

I mean you never want games to run into trouble but it is inevitable in the videogame industry, so yes it is awesome to have the ability to allow a project to be completely rebooted because you know you have more than enough content in the pipeline.

4 Likes

That is the part that is awesome. That is what I was obviously getting at.

5 Likes

Shit sorry, saw this, I couldn’t resist not posting it.

22 Likes

Hey, Everwild being a god game is awesome, hope they keep this.

3 Likes
2 Likes