Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Mini rant here that admittedly may be due to some recent work related stress :slight_smile: Discussing Xbox Game Studios is obviously the topic of this thread, but in my opinion some people are going to enjoy gaming and Xbox far more if you just have fun with what is coming instead of worrying so much about what you donā€™t have relative to either a release calendar (thank COVID for much of that) or some other platform.

So if you donā€™t base your following of Xbox Game Studios and enjoyment of gaming on what gaming media or someone online or otherwise tells you to feel, then these appear to be likely Xbox Game Studios experiences for the rest of the year that are going to be awesome and in greater quantity for me than any other platform:

• Halo Infinite - Favorite game series of all time as noted by my avatar :slight_smile: I have already seen and heard enough to know that I am going to have a total blast playing many hours of both campaign and multiplayer with this one. And I donā€™t need it to be called GOTY by anyone for me to expect awesome fun.
  • Forza Horizon 5 - While just a rumor I realize at this point, Playground Games is super efficient and this would be a 3 year development cycle instead of what was 2 years in the past for these games. This would no doubt be another incredible looking game and playing extra amazing on my Series X, with many more hours of fun ahead for me.
  • Flight Simulator - I donā€™t care if it isnā€™t a ā€œgameā€ to some or a AAA cinematic GOTY contender, this is one of the most incredible technical achievements that I have ever seen for something like this. I loved what I checked out briefly on my gaming laptop, but I waited on purpose to use this as my relaxing game on the Series X on the big screen 4K HDR TV.
  • Psychonauts 2 - Yes I know that this is multiplatform due to prior contracts before acquisition by Xbox, but that doesnā€™t affect my personal enjoyment and excitement for this game at all. This is still a first party game that looks even more exciting to me based on some of the recent Game Informer videos and information.

Oh, and all Xbox first party releases are on Game Pass day one of course. I have owned every console from all platforms and gamed on PC at times too for way too many years, and this is truly the golden age of gaming for me with the current Xbox ecosystem and Game Pass with the content pipeline to come.

8 Likes

This is the XGS thread, so Iā€™m speaking about XGS output, which is bad in 2021 as of now, itā€™s undeniable. In the GP thread I always praise MS and imo itā€™s also the thing thatā€™s shielding Xbox from major criticism because itā€™s a killer app. We should not mix up things. I never said I wasnā€™t enjoying gaming or Xbox, people are too sensitive with the XGS situation.

Yeah, Fable! That could be late 2023. That would mean Xbox ends 2022 with a killer new space RPG by BGS, they kick off 2023 with Avowed and end it with Fable.

Itā€™s all speculation what weā€™re doing here, butā€¦those games gotta come out at some point! :smiley:

Itā€™s just mildly depressing to think about the age Iā€™ll be turning. 40 when Starfield (if all goes well, sigh) comes out. Ah well.

Itā€™s inherently immature to flag whatever you disagree with. :wink:

Thatā€™s the core issue of the constant flagging that goes on without any reasoning.

4 Likes

Video games are fun and I canā€™t wait to play more of them.

18 Likes

I just checked the credits of Sykrim and Fallout 4 and a lot of leads, programmers and artists worked indeed on Fallout 76. So Jason is right, major production of Starfield probably started in 2018/2019.

1 Like

Yup alot of great stuff coming just not soon unfortunately but that because I love big RPGs just hope XGP has some stuff for the wait haha

2 Likes

100% agree :slight_smile:

oh dont forget Crossfire X, thats an XGP game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heā€™s not right

9 Likes

Itā€™s all around just a weird ass situation. I know Matty is not one to intentionally mislead folks for claut or whatsoever. But it does seem likely he got false info or who knows what is the case here. Wonder if weā€™ll find out. More importantly is what BGS tells us in June, thatā€™s really all that matters in the end.

2 Likes

I believe in Jeff Grubb. :slightly_smiling_face:

I donā€™t believe Matty is lying or had bad info, fwiw

what? Didnā€™t he said blessing was right with Q1 2022?

This all just seems like selective leaking to keep all eyes on xbox and the starfield situation tbh.

2 Likes

excellent GIF

14 Likes

In some Actual XGS news

12 Likes

Discussing XGS is one thing, acting like everyone should be bothered with the current situation is an entirely different matter. I get that we would like to have some exclusive to play and show off our new gen consoles, but repeatedly framing everything in a negative way without keep a level head to even consider the situation the game industry is in does this topic no good. Itā€™s tiring and old already.

XGS has two options here: they give their teams the time to make the best games they can or they push out titles that arenā€™t fully baked and unpolished like they did in the past. Most of the acquired studios were already working on projects when they joined XGS. On top of that with the influx of resources, money, and the resulting time, they have just now been given the opportunity to grow and likely re-evaluate how they want to take their next games going forward. This can not and should not be rushed. We all want awesome Xbox games, that doesnā€™t happen over night or even within a few years.

Calm down.

14 Likes

Indiana Jones might hit that lol. Who knows anymore?!

Iā€™m with you in hoping that turns out to be the truth. Thankfully weā€™ll find out real soon now.

That Project Mara sound sample is gravy for those that like the best sound possible.