Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I think everyone should wait to see what happens at E3. If you want to complain after go ahead but keep in mind that a once in a century Pandemic probably delayed games for many months and years. It’s easy to dismiss Covid as we near the tail end of it but there was a time I wasn’t even sure the next gen consoles would release on time.

13 Likes

Honestly, i wouldn’t mind CG trailers of upcoming IPs to go along with new gameplay of stuff that is ready to be shown. Nothing wrong with a trailer that sets the tone of an upcoming game. People will bitch either way.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I’ll just post now when something big happens, right now we’re just running in circles, next week things should kickoff, until then, I’ll be away.

3 Likes

Wanna circle to Coalition for old times sake?

1 Like

Exclusive

We are still looking at Halo, MSFS, AoE4 (console 2022?) and Psychonauts 2 this year minimum. Pair this with Forza Horizon and As Dusk Falls (could be Q1/2 2022) and Typhoon (2021/2022?), I honesty still dont think that’s bad at all. In fact, if Halo lands well, id say that’s a pretty good roadmap.

This is assuming there is no other surprises at all.

4 Likes

I miss the good old “will Bethesda games be exclusive?” times.

1 Like

I dont think we would be seeing Starfield this year if Xbox didnt own Zenimax now. I think this is Phil flapping his eyelashes and saying pwetty pwease can you show it at E-Thwee :pleading_face:

What does legacy IP mean?

1 Like

So with Jason saying that the bulk of BGS worked on FO76 until it launched and that Starfield team was very small until 2019, I think there is clearly need for a proper Fallout studio like 343 Industries and Mojang. Especially with a TV series on the way.

Handling 3 massive franchises like TES, Starfield and Fallout seems a lot for BGS when they only have 420 people.

Those are the 4 current biggest IPs in MS portfolio:

1. Minecraft (+ merchandising and a movie in 2022)
    1. The Elder Scrolls
    1. Halo (+ merchandising and a TV series in 2022 on Paramount +)
    1. Fallout (+ merchandising and a TV series on Amazon Prime)

Here the current resources allocated for each of the 4 big franchises (I guess):

Minecraft :

Mojang : over 600 employees working on the Minecraft universe

Halo :

343 Industries : ~750 employees working on the Halo universe

The Elder Scrolls :

• TES6 (BGS Maryland main developer) : we know TES6 is in the works but I don’t know how many people are working on it at the moment, probably a small part of BGS Maryland
  • TESO (ZeniMax Online) : over 400 employees (with a growing part working on that new IP at the new San Diego studio)

Fallout :

BGS Austin : ~100 employees (I believe) but I doubt all of them are working on Fallout 76, I would guess that some are helping on Starfield or working on that potential unannouced title from the job listings (+ I’m not sure if other offices (Dallas, Maryland, Montréal) are also working on Fallout but I don’t think that would be much). I think the merchandising side is handled by someone else at ZeniMax.

So basically, less than 100 people working on Fallout (minus outsourcing) I would guess. Unless there is some unannounced project somewhere.

I know MS doesn’t want to mess with Bethesda decisions but I hope they can help them expand the Fallout side or help them set up a new Fallout studio because the franchise is clearly lacking the manpower it deserves compared to the other big franchises.

I mean, Fallout 76 still doesn’t have a next-gen update announced while TESO is getting it on June 1st (unless they announce it at E3 but still)

1 Like

Well I hope they’re not showing it against Todd Howard’s wishes to wait

1 Like

Covid or not most of XGS weren’t ready for last year or this year.

1 Like

Unlike many others here, I have never been hyped for Starfield. I definitely want to see gameplay and to know what it is and all that but never been hyped so if it is further out than even my own personal March 2022 prediction, then so be it. As long as it’s a high quality highly polished game, that’s good enough for me even if the game ends up not being for me.

I do also wonder if Wolfenstein III is 2022 as well. This I was hoping to be this Fall for various reasons. A few more weeks and everything that hopefully be much clearer than what it is now.

3 Likes

I imagine its a compromise. Take another year to develop it, but can we show it this year pls.

Yup, let’s wait until E3 - I am pretty optimistic that Xbox will deliver great content (big and small) in the 2nd half of 2021.

1 Like

At this point, im just hoping that Halo Infinite is a great game, polished, looks way better than a year ago and that I enjoy the campaign when it releases. If I get this, anything else I get from Microsoft this year is a bonus.

1 Like

So assuming that Jason is right on the money with late 2022 for Starfield…

Where does that leave Avowed? Because no way are Xbox releasing two huge ass RPGs in November or whatever late next year will turn out to be. And where does that leave Avowed for E3 2021 presence?

I have multiple consoles and a gaming PC but still have played the most on my Series X and have been very happy with it so far. Exclusives are great but there is more to play in this world and someone’s enjoyment shouldn’t be based on exclusives alone.

You really need to calm down and understand the reality of the situation we’re in today with COVID and the fact that almost every studio acquired was already involved in previously contracted project.

10 Likes

Who’s knows could be early 2023 but then where does that leave Fable as well