Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

This is exactly what im expecting.

2 Likes

Weā€™re both equally desperate to see avowed at E3ā€¦ lmao.

Any scrap of news. :smile:

1 Like

Yep! And those insiders always manage to get your hopes up, which from now on Iā€™ll try my best not to. If Avowed truly is on schedule, thatā€™s very impressive, considering what the whole world had to deal with for 1.5 years. I know they arenā€™t using motion capture tech, but they still had to work from home, very impressive. I guess thereā€™s a chance for it to be a 2022 game.

But if not, letā€™s hope weā€™ll at least see it sometime this year. Obsidianā€™s own ā€œTESā€, I think we should not underestimate how big this game can end up being in many ways.

2 Likes

Need it

Its probably the IP Im most excited about right now from the announced games not named Starfield.

4 Likes

I feel the telling part is that they dont mention avowed is being ported to UE5 but they mention hellblade 2 and inxiles game going to UE5. Making me think Avowed might actually come sooner rather than later.

I dont think Obsidian needs UE5 for Avowed. Id get it for Inxile for the budget it supposedly has and Hellblade for the graphics.

Oh I meant it as like aaron greenberg made sure ppl knew which projects were going with UE5 which would mean they would be just ported over to that. It doesnā€™t really matter if its UE5 or 4, its more the talent of the dev. Im pretty sure it would cost next to nothing to bring avowed up to UE5.

I mean, Halo still moves crowds. the transition to the 343 was a bit messy. but its the most anticipated game on Xbox, maybe only behind Starfield. we have not received a new Halo since 2015, the last one is exclusive to Xbox One, it didnt come to PC, maybe this has impacted the audience of the game. but is it what it is. Halo Infinite will break records when it arrives. :slightly_smiling_face:

this video has almost 9 million viewsā€¦ many people want this game.

7 Likes

Halo is still big, they have just hit hurdles and not just Halo but Xbox. Halo Infinite being on XB1, XSX|S, mobile AND PC is going to do wonders, especially because itā€™s free to play MP. I feel like a lot of Halo fans that didnā€™t buy a XB1/PS4 went to PC. The game launching day 1 on PC is going to be huge just have a look at the peak for MCC, rank 44 on steam for all time peak.

Halo Infinite is going to get people who donā€™t even play Halo or even know what itā€™s about to try it because it is a F2P game (MP) so that alone is big. Apparently MCC on Steam brought in more new people to Halo than any other Halo since Halo 3 or something like that.

As long as the game is fun people will play it.

3 Likes

Yeah, Halo Infinite multiplayer being free to play, in addition to the recent news of Gold no longer being required to play free to play games online, will make it huge.

2 Likes

Thank you, really appreciate that. I see nothing wrong with what Jez is saying here as heā€™s very likely going to be right. Heā€™s not saying they arenā€™t capable of having games with those level of graphics, heā€™s just saying that weā€™re unlikely to see them at E3 and I agree.

Please keep in mind the amount of moving parts when it comes to acquiring a studio and what that means for their games going forward. You donā€™t just buy a studio and then blamo, they can start producing great looking games immediately. Scope, planning, scheduling, staffing, investments, and other factors need to be re-assessed once the acquisition closes and in many instances, this will all result in a longer development cycle for the better. This is also all on top of them still needing to finish their current projects and obligations with as little disruption as possible. Definitely nothing to overreact over.

This isnā€™t how any of this works, at all. Console sales are still part of the overall strategy. We didnā€™t get exclusive games at launch because none of them were ready, not because of any Game Pass strategy. Microsoft knows that consoles are the main point of entry into Game Pass, so consoles are still a very important part of their strategy.

Look at what I said above regarding how things can evolve when acquiring a company. These games are going to take time, and unlike last gen, they arenā€™t going to rush them. This has nothing to do with Game Pass, which doesnā€™t effect the strategies around exclusives in any negative way, but instead is more about doing right for the studios they recently acquired.

My points also still stand that they see Sony as a competitor and exclusives are still very important to them for both their console and Game Pass strategies since those two initiatives overlap. The key thing to keep in mind here is it does the brand no good to release undercooked games and that is what they are avoiding at all cost.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Itā€™s all good. Like i said, i reacted before i saw his followup.

Jez expects Forza gameplay and 2021 release date.

1 Like

Rand thinks October.

Forza Horizon, yes?

I think you didnā€™t read this part of my post.

I read it, and that still doesnā€™t have any relevance to there not being any exclusives at launch. If Iā€™m understanding your stance correctly, youā€™re saying that they didnā€™t prioritize having exclusives at launch because the console isnā€™t the focus, but instead Game Pass. Iā€™m saying that has nothing to do with the lack of exclusives for launch. COVID, previous obligations, the time it takes to apply changes to development roadmaps, undergoing the changes necessary to take advantage of the influx in resources, and most importantly; giving these teams the time to accomplish the best games possible are all the reason we didnā€™t see any games at launch. None of this has to do with Game Pass but instead just doing whatā€™s best for their studios.

I guess my point is that even if Game Pass wasnā€™t in the picture, nothing would have changed and we still wouldnā€™t have gotten exclusives at launch. You canā€™t, and shouldnā€™t, push out games that arenā€™t ready.

Yes

1 Like

So is this the place where weā€™re dooming and glooming over Xboxā€™s shitty E3?

3 Likes