Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Regarding Halo I think it would be a horrid mistake from 343 if they decide to not show a proper campaign build but oh well. Dont wanna hear complaining later on about it.

I hope they do an xbox direct later on showcasing more stuff from the multiplayer and forge mode. But knowing xbox they will keep into archaic modes of showing games off.

1 Like

feeling Gears 5 reveal vibe about Halo Infinite at E3 2021ā€¦ :skull:

hope not. :pray:

I agree that Halo Infiniteā€™s showing should show both campaign and MP, I am hoping for a better showing than Gears 5ā€™s at E3 2019ā€¦but as the other guys above already said letā€™s just wait and see first. There is literally no point in going in panic mode already, if the show sucks we will complain and bitch together but now itā€™s too early to be disappointed.

We all want Xbox to have a great show and Halo to be amazing so I kinda get your concerns (I know from your post history that you are definitely not concern trolling or like to doompost) but we should all chill for 12 more days. I am sure it will be a good show so letā€™s try to stay positive for a change. :wink:

6 Likes

If theyā€™re focusing on just MP and itā€™s only a 5-10min demo then they would have to have another event to showcase everything else. I think weā€™ll either get smaller updates but often till launch or 1 big event focused on Halo with like the first 25minutes of the story + MP + forge stuff and some BTS things.

I donā€™t know why people think itā€™s going to be a Gears 5 marketing campagin when master bloody chief is sitting on my Xbox Series X box right now and the game isnā€™t even out lmao. They will market the shit out of the game.

1 Like

Iā€™m reading comments on other forums too that they would love to see ā€œSP adventuresā€ especially after this wait since the not so great reveal last year. A few minutes of MP to show new modes, a map or two, things like that. Announce a date for the MP beta, and for those just wellā€¦hungry for campaign updates a nice demo lasting a few minutes, doesnā€™t have to be ten.

Worst case scenario for me would be campaign being a no show and thatā€™s it. Better would be if 343 were to announce a special stream dedicated to SP is coming and that today they want to show MP fans whatā€™s up.

Best would be both yeah. But if we have the certainty of a proper, much, much needed SP update (not only because of updated visuals) in the form of a streamā€¦good enough!

As for doom posting, Iā€™ll keep it out of here and Iā€™ll take your advice.

3 Likes

I think they will showcase a Halo Big Team Battle 2.0 kinda mode at E3.

2 Likes

No Iā€™m saying both sides are a business and a multi billion dollar asset is sitting on the sides. Quite frankly Iā€™d be shocked if Bethesda themselves didnā€™t come to Xbox now and say how can we get another one out. At the end of the day itā€™s all business for the people running the studios and Iā€™m sure theyā€™re going to get another Fallout in production. Doing so does not change Microsoft being hands off.

1 Like

I dont see any kind of Fallout being made and dropping before Elder Scrolls.

Also xbox had nothing to do with the Prime Video show deal.

Xbox must be really confident in how great Halo Infinite is.

Less than 2 weeks and weā€™ll get to see it for ourselves.

I mean, after the humiliation they went through last year :skull:, i thought 343 would come with a big dive in gameplay showing the new graphicsā€¦ it seems not (rumor). i also like the MP and i want to see the MP. but only this ?

3 Likes

On the Bethesda RPG thing. Arenā€™t most of the same people who are doing Starfield and Elder Scrolls also the ones who do mainline Fallout titles?

Okay, that was rhetorical. Point is, If you love those franchises, why would you want a new/seperate team made for it?.. Just to rush it out faster? Thatā€™s just asking for trouble, no?

Let the main team do it in the proper order. Starfield now, Elder Scrolls next, then Fallout. And yeah that will mean it will take some time to get to Fallout, but for very a good reason

5 Likes

Yes patience is a virtue. Only case where this doesnt work is if the original team doesnt want to work on it. Which i doubt is the caseā€¦

Didnā€™t the last Fallout made by a team other than Bethesda turn out pretty well

1 Like

Honestly, if they did a smaller version of the gameplay reveal from the last showcase with the updated textures and graphics for campaign and then moved into MP, that would be dope. This all MP stuff is meh to me.

3 Likes

Analyzing all that, it also seems like Jeff Grubb is guessing a lot ( not a bad thing ). There is a lot of uses of ā€œprobablyā€, ā€œthinkā€ and ā€œexpectā€.

• The first point is a bit weird to me. I thought so far the problem people had with Halo 4 and Halo 5 was that they didnā€™t really feel Halo. SO them going back to a Halo feel should be good, right ?

• The second point, you can easily guess it from the Xbox-Bethesda Showcase artwork with a spartan team instead of just the Master Chief.

• The third point, Battle Royal wonā€™t be there at launch since 343i themselves said that multiple times, but there are some rumours suggesting that Battle Royal assets could be present in Forge to create your own Battle Royale mode. Also there is gonna be much more in MP than just Capture the Flag.

• The last point is mainly guessing based on logical thinking.

All in all, it really seems to me that Jeff Grubb was more guessing here, though based on logical thinking. That also means people should wait until E3 to really know what they will show.

4 Likes

Yeah and the fact they did different games the last two times out would help ensure they donā€™t burn out on it

Hell that goes for all three franchises. If they do them at this sort of cadance, it will be exciting every time they start on one, because of the distance from the last time they did that specific one and the differences between it and the last two they did

Great way to keep the team motivated and excited every time out

Iā€™m operating under the assumption that Bethesda doesnā€™t want Fallout made by Obsidian, or anyone else, going forward. As well as Xbox not being dicks and taking it away from them against their wishes

2 Likes

Grubb talked a bit more about Avowed earlierā€¦

He said that while heā€™s been told it wonā€™t be at E3, thereā€™s always a chance plans have changed, thatā€™s why it called the summer game mess. lok

He agrees with Sponger that itā€™s in very good shape and on schedule, with Obsidian currently being very confident in juggling multiple projects.

Anyway, i hope its a good show for Xbox this year. :slightly_smiling_face:

But why. They havenā€™t ever said that and even Obsidian and Bethesda joked about Fallout New Vegas when Bethesda was acquired.

Not every studio is like Rare and actively avoids sharing IP.

Because its Bethesdaā€™s IP and they are the custodians of Fallout? Also they have said numerous times that they dont see the need to do 3rd party development for their stuff like Fallout.

Im sure the next Fallout post 76 wants to be made by them and tbh Id rather xbox avoid start an internal ā€œwarā€ over who does better use of X or Y IP with Obsidian. Also Some people like me prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas.