Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Great post

1 Like

I personally agree that Xbox should open a new studio under Bethesda’s umbrella.

Ubisoft Montreal was handling every big franchise from Ubisoft until Ubisoft Toronto was established in 2010 under Jade Raymond’s management. Ubisoft Toronto initially took over Splinter cell, then Watch Dogs and finally Far Cry.

It gave some room for Montreal to revamp Assassin’s Creed and create three new IPs: Watch Dogs, For Honor and Hyper Scape.

Create a new studio for Fallout. Bring in Tim Cain. Bring in Josh Sawyer after he finishes his current project. Start with New Vegas 2 to gain some positive press and take over from there.

Edit: I’ll never get used to so many industry legends working for Xbox now. Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer, Tim Schafer, Todd Howard, even bloody Shinji Mikami!

9 Likes

A next-gen remake of New Vegas (with all of the cut content ideally), I would love to see that ! Just a logo reveal would be enough to generate hype. This game is an unfinished masterpiece with an outdated engine and gameplay that don’t do justice to it.

I don’t think that Klob was referring to a Fallout game though.

1 Like

Anyone watched this? Not much of a podcast watcher myself. This is ColtEastwood by the way.

Haha :rofl:

1 Like

AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution: Supercharged Performance

This would be just so strange though. No Avowed, but they do announce ToW 2? I think if anything it will be more dlc for the first game. I’m of course only speculating here because maybe Avowed ends up being there. Man I’m glad once we don’t have to speculate no longer.

1 Like

Don’t usually post from other forums but think this post about Halo at E3 is informative.

2 Likes
  • Microsoft seems interested in catering to “Halo-ass Halo fans”. :+1:

• He expects E3 to be multiplayer-focused. :person_facepalming:

Focus on both. 5 minutes of campaign at least, and the rest is MP. Chances are we’ll get to try MP soon enough as it is, whereas for SP we don’t until launch.

And I really get that they are finishing the game, no time for E3 assets, but if you go show MP, you can show a portion of SP too. I’m sorry but my hype is just dead. Starfield likely won’t get a deep dive by Todd either, that was to be expected but so far for me personally there have been quite a few disappointments.

Starfield turning out to be late 2022, my fault believing all these insiders. Expecting it was a given that their flagship title would get a proper deep dive of both SP and MP, guess it was asking for too much. So while it seemed a given, now it sounds more like we’ll be lucky to see a trailer or it’s Gears 5 second “reveal” all over again.

2 Likes

thanks BlackHeartVinyl :+1:

2 Likes

Bethesda already has a history of giving up the Fallout IP, it’s how we got Fallout New Vegas. There will be a Fallout game in production within the year, 100% guranteed. Even if Bethesda wants to hang onto the IP and not share it, they are run by businessmen too and will understand why it’s important one gets in production. It will either be handled by them by adding a ton of people very fast or by being sourced to another internal studio.

1 Like

Of course it gets flagged…because…reasons.

hmm i think they should have removed sprint and brought back elites if they really care about halo fans

Pls don’t start this conversation.

9 Likes

I flagged your post because I’m getting a bit fed up with the posts about something coming out about X and then people saying “oh now my hype is dead thanks a lot” it is legit doom posting. You just said you shouldn’t listen to insiders then proceed to go on about how you’re not hyped anymore because a insider said they will focus more on MP at E3…

Just bloody wait to E3 it’s not that hard and then if you don’t like what you see then complain, it’s going to look silly if they focus on MP at E3 but also announce next month they’re having a show dedicated more on Halo story and everything else like a Halo direct.

(I don’t have an issue with you personally either btw)

12 Likes

Wasn’t me who flagged it, but I was in the in the middle of replying to you when it got flagged. And I was going to tell you you are doom posting and not even in the correct thread

Going on about E3 rumors that will disappoint you. Even going so far to say. “My hype is dead.” This is precisely the reasons they made the big green post at the top of the forum, as well as a separate E3 thread. And you blatantly disregarded both.

So yeah, it was for reasons people flagged it. Very valid ones

2 Likes

I didn’t flag your post but laughed at it.

How can “there have been quite a few disappointments” if you have not even seen a second of the show? You are doing this to yourselfes, no pity from me :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

If Jeff Grubb is right… although i know that the multiplayer is the mainstay of Halo… but i was hoping to see more. well the Xbox+Bethesda E3 hasnt happened yet. so lets wait and see. my hopes are now with Starfield and maybe FH5 about a big gameplay dive at E3 2021. :pray:

I know what I said about insiders, but for me there are exceptions. Klobrille has been on point pretty much all the time, he’s legit, doesn’t try to get attention and mislead. Not saying other insiders do this, but Klobrille for example was one that did not follow with the Starfield stories.

So when he says the focus will be MP, I see very little reason not to believe it. You’re right though, it isn’t a fact yet but I can’t help but feel these reports really lower my hype.

For me personally. And I explained which ones.

All year I really had my hopes built up way too much with those Starfield stories, so now that it seems pretty much certain it’s Q4 next year (so many reputable sources are saying it) that is a big blow for me. It’s certainly not BGS, MS fault, it’s my own.

The second disappointment now is that I have to once again set my expectations lower, because I was really under the impression a campaign deep dive (and MP) was a given. This seems increasingly more unlikely.

I realize I’m doing this to myself, and if “my hype is dead” is doom posting than that’s what it is, I will own up to it and next time leave it out of here. It’s just based on the things I wrote above. My fault.

And yeah, let’s hope they indeed will announce a campaign deep dive or dedicated stream taking place after the show or soon. It’s just the uncertainty for me.

With “my hype is dead” I meant Starfield as in the hopes that were built up way too high that this was a Q1 thing, and the likelihood of seeing campaign briefly of Halo or not at all. I should have added that other stuff I still look forward to like Psychonauts 2 release date, FH5.

1 Like

That was more than a decade ago and they said they dont do that anymore.

So Xbox is hands off letting studios do what they want and let Zenimax be totally independent but not with Fallout? Okay.

All I get is that you people are incapable of waiting lol. We got like 7 rpg’s in production we really dont need another one right now.

1 Like