Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Let’s take this to private messages as to not derail the thread further. I have much more to say to you.

I think you read this wrong Prog. I think he’s saying there not many other people out there that could do a better job than the guy Rare put on the project. It was a compliment.

1 Like

Ah okay, the context was a little lost on me.

I had to read it twice

Rereading it a few times again, now I get it. It’s tough to get a first glance.

I wrote something that wasn’t really suited for an article but I have some opinions

3 Likes

Got suspended for a day for saying i was a bit disappointed with the showing. Didn’t realize this forum didn’t allow for opinions. Let me reword it and make it more clear.

As a presentation and event I think MS nailed it and it was a standout showing in terms of numbers and games. But for me personally watching it as a long term RPG and action game fan and fan of Japanese games it left a bit wanting. Not denying it was a great showing. But It wasn’t the amazing showing people claim it to be. It needed that variety and at least 1 or 2 AAA Japanese games to be on there. I’m someone who doesn’t really care for shooters outside of maybe the odd game here and there like a Halo or a cool SP focused one and MS showed so many Shooters it was unreal.

Still a good showing and a lot to look forward to

I’m looking forward to that Snowboarding game Shredder. Easily my fav game showed yesterday. We’ve waited so long for a Snowboarding game. Get this to run 4k 60FPS and i think it has potential.

3 Likes

This forum absolutely allows for opinions and maintains a standard for putting them out there. If this was your original post (minus the first two sentences) we wouldn’t have silenced you for a day.

8 Likes

Sometimes I really wonder how some people end up with an Xbox.

14 Likes

I thought it was a breath of fresh air to have an anime-waifu free conference!

:wink:

2 Likes

He has yet to see the light as I have.

I was once like him… lost and confused… doom posting…

But then my brother…

6 Likes

Fixed it for ya, hugs :wink:

We have a couple of videos going up tomorrow, one is a basic halo mp showcase breakdown I did and another is a great piece by Onebadmutha and edited by Sik about the future of xbox first party.

15 Likes

1 Like

I understand wanting all of the genres to be well represented, but Xbox (with its PC roots) is western oriented in its soul. It brought western oriented genres like FPS and WRPG to the forefront of the console world. It is also why there are so many first person games.

Seems weird to get an Xbox and complain about the lack of Japanese games.

11 Likes

The first round of behaving was recommended to me by mods.

The new Prog is genuine brother!

4 Likes

No kidding.

Indeed.

Also I have a hot take: Most, not all, “japanese” games and anime are sheit.

(please don’t hurt me)

1 Like

To be fair Xbox has had Japanese support since its inception. Hell Sega is the sole reason I even jumped on the Xbox bandwagon to begin with. I have just as many Japanese games on Xbox as I do western. Maybe slightly more.

Please guys I don’t think that’s how this works. I an pretty sure all of us here would agree that Xbox needs diversity and although that was presented yesterday it still lacked Japanese games and Third person games. Now don’t eat me for saying this but whole show had a Single third person game (Plague Tale) and a single Japanese game.

I am not suggesting here that every game from XGS should be a 3rd person Uncharted or every third party deal should be for Final Fantasy but there should have been at least more than one.

Maybe I’ll be flagged or banned for saying this but hear me out, just look at last year’s Sony show, we know that Sony’s First party specializes in 3rd person games so What did Sony do? They brought in Deathloop and Ghostwire. Microsoft should have at least tried to do the same. Even if only 3 games out of those 30 were 3rd person I would have been satisfied but that wasn’t the case.

1 Like