Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Once Xcloud does get to not only Stadia levels of useness but also of support in multiple regions.

Xcloud when I visit my parents in Puerto Rico is useless while Stadia was flawless. Who knew.

Yeah it’s more of a general vibe they put out. It’s “temper your expectations” which is understandable. It’s more how it is received creating doom and gloom, it should be fought with a bit of hype imho.

I expect Halo Infinite and some Game Pass announcements. The rest is a bonus, and I’m pretty hyped about that :wink:

the problem with Stadia was always its approach and business model cuz the tech side they were supposedly very good.

I’m just imagining if MS had the Stadia tech but the gamepass model, shit would have become massive already.

I’ll give two years minimum for Xcloud to be even remotely penetrating the market in significant ways and that’s fine, the fact that MS is taking its time with this is exactly why they are gonna succeed compared to Stadia which tried to rush it.

2 Likes

Naturally as expected because it’s running on a 1.4 TF system (Xbox One S) versus Google Stadia’s 10.7 TF system. You can’t make up for the vast image quality differences before streaming with that gap, regardless of however clever you are with encodings. Just like there is a huge gap between Xbox One S games and XBox One X games.

3 Likes

has anyone watched a podcast? Is there something interesting? I’ve only seen a couple of posts about Sony buying the temporary exclusivity of the new Bioshock

You should ask in the Podcast Thread

Sorry. Thank you

How does spending billions on acquisitions and them directly saying they see Sony as a competitor not support what I’m saying? You don’t spend that kind of money if exclusives aren’t important to your platform.

Anyone that’s been paying attention can see what I’m saying aligns much closer than what you’re posting. It’s telling that you’d much rather just dismiss the factual points I’ve brought up and much rather twist the narrative of Xbox to better suit your view of it.

Do you have this tweet so we can see it in context? I highly doubt that’s what he meant.

There’s just something about wildly swaying trees and foliage in games. Look at this. I am hoping the wind system in Halo Infinite will produce similar kind of effects, I’d love that. This also reminds me of The Witcher 3.

Is that Shadow Warrior?

1 Like

That’s because it will finally have competition. Saying that…I don’t ever expect Sony to launch their games on PlayStation Now day 1…and they’ve said as much. Until they do…Gamepass doesn’t have any competition

Yes sir. The second one, lovely with fps boost and visually is actually quite impressive. Only thing that takes away from it is aliasing and lower resolution.

1 Like

Okay, cool. Series isn’t for me but Shadow Warrior 3 looks great.

1 Like

I agree, the wind effects just kinda make the game feel more alive. But one reason or justification I’ve read regarding how these wind based effects and foliage swaying and all that are absent from a lot of shooters is because they tend to make it harder to read/discern enemies, especially at a long distance. Because at a certain level, you’re relying on movement on the screen to find where the enemy is and if a bunch of shit is swaying around in front of them it’s bound to affect your judgment. But tbh Crysis seemed to pull it off well, so does something like Farcry, and Halo can have that in Campaign at least, make the open world feel more alive and breathing but I do think it’s a deliberate choice whichever way they go and I’m ultimately OK with it. I know the MP can’t have any of that stuff tho.

This was what my post was reacting to.

Before he posted this.

We have wildly swaying trees in Battlefield games though. :smiley:

He means XGS projects are further out and basically nobody can know yet at what kind of visual level these games will be?

1 Like

yeah nah, nowhere am I seeing him say Xbox is incapable of making great looking games in any of these tweets, only that he doesn’t expect the kind of visual stunners at THIS E3. It’s just that he isn’t as impressed with racing games so FH5 won’t faze him in the same way HFW did which is his problem. But he hasn’t said anywhere nor implied any such thing that you’re insinuating.

1 Like

Im sure xbox can make those type of looking games its just the studios they have dont chase that style beyond Ninja Theory and Coalition(at least character models).

1 Like

lol been a while since I played any BF game, but that’s cool to know. That’s a proper competitive shooter so if it can do it maybe Halo can as well.

yep I can’t think of any XGS or Bethesda studio outside those two that aim for hyper realism in art and visual direction. Maybe Machinegames. iDsoftware? iDsoftware aims for maximum testosterone instead.

But the majority of em have their own art styles and design philosophies that are not aimed at maximizing fidelity. Psychonauts 2 character faces look like they’re from OG Xbox days lol but the art direction fits perfectly and the environments look phenomenal, in that way Double Fine do their own thing. Same with Compulsion games who shall do their own thing, Obsidian do their own thing, Arkane do their own thing, Bethesda do their own thing, 343 are gonna do their own thing, etc.

1 Like