Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

:face_with_monocle:

Source.

hopefully something new and not a Grounded release date

1 Like

My thinking is that with Starfield here, they can afford to give Avowed time.

Im still trying to link as to why Avowed and Starfield would exclude each other besides being rpgs.

3 Likes

Grubb also says he thinks this may be the case so he is just guessing

I think just as they put Elder Scrolls on the back burner so the focus could be on The Elder Scrolls Online, the same will be true for Fallout and Fallout 76. I do hope we don’t have to wait to long, that incredible Fallout thread by @FarSightXR-20 hyped me up, and now I can’t wait to see what they have coming up next with the franchise.

3 Likes

Team 2024!

We cant have Obsidian show Avowed because of how it will be overshadowed by Starfield but a Fallout is fine.

No Way Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

10 Likes

Pretty much. Avowed is a game that needs to be given its own time.

Mechanically I think it will be a better game then SF, but due to hype, it will not get its chance to shine.

Several Arkane Austin devs liked the Xbox and bethesda showcase announcement on Twitter, but we already knew Omen was likely going to be there.

For Obsidian, they have a couple other smaller projects in development too. Maybe Sawyer’s project shows up here.

9 Likes

How many teams do Obsidian have… lmao…

If Grubb is actually hinting to something else.

1 Like

or it may just not be in a polished enough state for an E3 showing?, i’m just happy its in a good place, team 2022 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Solis but thats not the point.

then what is?

if its not ready to be shown in a good state why show it???

1 Like

He’s trying to say that you can show both Avowed and Starfield without one overshadowing the other. Which is true.

2 Likes

Where does Avowed in a bad state even come from? I dont get the point you are trying to make in relation to what I posted.

ah yes i agree

can both be shown if ready yes i 100% agree

I’m sorry, but I hope Grubb is dead wrong with that thought. Prep something else, like what? Why of why would this be asked if the game IS ready to be shown? The expectation that there will be time to talk about Avowed in the future, why? Miss me with that. And if Obsidian is confident, the game is in great shape, let’s go! Let Obsidian shine, be proud of the things you got coming.

I’m getting myself worked up, I shouldn’t do that. But I just hope this is not the case, because with a mindset like that, will it be like “nah, Starfield is this year, we won’t release Avowed yet, even though it’s done.” or something like that?

5 Likes