Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

After reading Jason’s books it will be very naive for me to even believe that the game was done a year ago and they are just polishing it. With RPGs you are never done until someone says to release it

It’s definitely 2022 game, COVID didn’t magically avoided Bethesda. I will believe more Jeff Grubb, then a person who literally stole the entire script for the video from another creator

Xbox Game Studios [OT5] tEmper your 3xpectations

Xbox Game Studios [OT5] Hopes higher than the Starfield

Xbox Game Studios [OT5] Starfield Is exclusive shut up

4 Likes

Wait, who was that that stole it?

New OT… Nice. :grinning:

looking forward to E3 2021. looking forward to seeing Halo Infinite, Starfield, Forza etc.

The best time of the year is very close. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I just saw that some people from obsidian made a recreation of Mos Eisley in unreal engine 4 back in 2016, in their free time, and it looks really good!

Star Wars in Unreal Engine 4 – Docking Bay 94 Demo Graphics Comparison Low vs Ultra - YouTube

Maybe the unnanounced game that they are working on (not avowed) is something star wars related? If enough of the senior people at obsidian are excited enough about star wars to make a recreation of it in their free time surely their must be some interest in making a proper game in the star wars universe

1 Like

Here is a French interview from Le Figaro with Matt Booty about Bethesda :

Some tidbits from the thread :

• A common showcase between Bethesda and Microsoft in a few weeks.
  • Their objective is to have all new Bethesda games on Game Pass Day One
  • Microsoft doesn’t want to touch on Bethesda publishing branch ( marketing, sales, communication, abroad offices… ) and doesn’t want to impose its own teams.
  • The priority is to let Bethesda teams having complete creative freedom ( the same applies for all Xbox studios acquired ).
  • Microsoft doesn’t want for its studios to create games that can work the best in Game Pass. Complete freedom there. According to the reporter, MS won’t follow the same path as Netflix here, by analyzing what is trending.
  • Not in the article, but about other acquisitions, Matt Booty responded “I can’t share anything !”. The reporter is noting that this not him saying they are done, on the contrary.
  • Also not in the article, but Covid has had an impact on games produced by XGS, which was slowed down, the most impacted being those working on original creations ( and not sequels ).
23 Likes

that bullet point specifically says to me that they are negotiating with disney about letting indiana jones on game pass day one, which they would have to do if disneys agreement with bethesda included them getting a percentage cut of revenues generated by the title.

I wonder if they will successfully negotiate that?

2 Likes

Luke Stephens. He was mentioned in the linked post

Here’s the video where he was exposed if you curious: https://youtu.be/ZDtJ7bte_zg?t=424

I think so.

I hope this means the initiative is chugging right along on perfect dark

it says to me that maybe hellblade 2 is closer than we all suspect, because who else is making a sequel right now, aside from forza horizon 5 (presumably), gears 6, and halo infinite, I cant think of any sequels that would be in active development right now

2 Likes

FM too.

1 Like

And Grubb was right again about a common showcase.

5 Likes

We have to stop him.

4 Likes

Maybe wolf 3 too?

2 Likes

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Jeff knows what he is talking about when he says things definitvely.

10 Likes

Should be possible. But they will have to put up some extra cash upfront that would be an approximate forfeiture of revenue, I suppose.

More than 23 studios as per Epic v Apple :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, the way he said " I can’t share anything ! " to me seems like something is brewing.

6 Likes

ah, yes, the Frequent Leaker Jeff Grubbsnax Momoa

1 Like