Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

:slightly_smiling_face:

Creative Director at Playground Games Studios.

9 Likes
7 Likes

Are we expecting something Avowed at E3? According to the available info the game is the one which convinced MS to acquire Obsidian, so it exists in a credible form at least since 2018. I hope weā€™ll see at least a cinematic/vertical slice trailer, it could easily be the biggest fantasy rpg for since TW3 and as long as ES6 will come out.

12 Likes

Based on no credible evidence whatsoever, I feel like this is a late 2022, early 2023 game so while gameplay may be available, I think it could be their focal game of the 2022 E3.

One thing is for damn sure, Xbox this gen will be the RPG heaven, holy shit!

1 Like

Yeah, IMO what is truly bad is a teaser for the real reveal or a logo reveal.

CGI trailers work really well for announcements, you get an overall feel for the world and know more or less what to expect from the genre and gameplay.

But to keep doing CGI trailers after the first announcement is bad, either show gameplay if ready or donā€™t show-up at all.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I feel that MS should provide updates of all its games at least once a year (so itā€™s not compulsory to show all at E3, thereā€™s also Gamescom, TGA and maybe the return of X0) to keep them into the conversation, otherwise you risk to sow doubts and situations like the infamous Crackdown 3, Scalebound, Fable Legends (moreso if one of the titles is the new Fableā€¦XD). For example the last year E3 update on Hellblade 2 was abysmal, they almost need to show it on this very E3, it will be 1 year and half after the reveal and no other info. Sony did this very well last gen: announce the game on the year X and show it at least once a year before the actual release.

MGS V arm, Kojima Playground crossover confirmed. Next Kojima game uses Forza Tech!!!

Letā€™s play a fun game on a sunday morningā€¦rank game studios based EXCLUSIVELY on their most recent title.

So we have to wait 6 days until itā€™s Sunday again?

1 Like

easy

playground games >>>>>>>>>> all other first party studios

(I <3 open world racing games, so thats an easy anser for me :smiley: )

1 Like

I see comments likeā€¦

ā€œI donā€™t have faith in Starfield anymore. They keep pushing the date, furthermore itā€™s been in development for 6.5 years around the time it comes out and we have seen exactly zero percent of it. Starting to remind me of Beyond good and Evil 2.ā€

Its true, we havenā€™t seen it yet. Neither did we with Fallout 4 until it was fully ready to be showcased. The comparison with BG&E2 is just nonsense. And the date hasnā€™t been pushed at all, officially they have said zero! Insiders told us it was planned for last year but thenā€¦covid. And they could release it this year, but there is also Halo. While personally I donā€™t care, I play them all, MS might want Starfield to have its own slot when itā€™s more quiet I am guessing or itā€™s for extra polish.

He told me that he doesnā€™t like how Howard and Hines have been so vague. He said Why not tell us a little about the game. Stuff like epic sci fi, etc doesnā€™t do anything for us. To me itā€™s clear that some people still donā€™t realize how Howard and team operate. Howard said it to IGN in 2019,he doesnā€™t want to spoil anything. Until the very last moment before E3.

1 Like
11 Likes

https://twitter.com/DoubleFine/status/1394131779892748290?s=20

Haha

Oh man how I hope a shadow drop at E3 happens. But if not, July, August?

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry, when the games gets shown at E3 everybody will hype it to infinity.

Even if the game is delayed to 2022 Iā€™m sure itā€™ll drive a lot of console sales.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it is too long now, especially when they already had a Microsoft Store page ready.

2 Likes

ā€œGoing in blindā€ funny thing.

In the age of the internet itā€™s almost impossible to go in blind in a gameā€¦ Unlessā€¦ They shadow drop it.

2 Likes

This is now a certain shadow drop.

5 Likes